Fellow Position 6: Producer
Corporate Area: PBS Accelerator Fellowship for Diverse Voices
Status: Full-time/Fixed Term, Grant (This position is fully funded for one year)
PBS Accelerator Fellowship for Diverse Voices Overview:
PBS remains committed to amplifying and elevating diverse voices and perspectives. The PBS Accelerator Fellowship for Diverse Voices provides mid-career content makers from underrepresented backgrounds paid employment opportunities for up to one year with third-party productions working on PBS shows. The Fellowship Program will not only support Fellows, it will also accelerate changes in the producing ecosystem by bringing more voices into the production process in key roles.
The Fellow is hired by a PBS producing partner to work within a production team where the Fellow will be provided with an opportunity to make substantial contributions to programming, observe and learn practical leadership skills, and build a network of connections within the public media system. The Fellow will obtain a production credit for their work, receive a competitive salary, benefits, and will be a contract, full-time employee of the production company where placed. More information on the production company will be provided to those selected for interviews.
To complement their job experience, Fellows become members of the PBS fellowship cohort which provides monthly cohort sessions, individual mentorship with prominent leaders in public media, access to industry events and professional networking opportunities with PBS senior leadership and partners.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
* The fellowship program is for mid-career professionals with
* Minimum of five (5) years of mid-career production experience OR
* Minimum of two (2) production credits with the same or similar job title as the fellowship position you are seeking.
* A Fellow should be able to demonstrate affinity with groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in media, including but not limited to groups identified by race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, geographic location, socio-economic status, and other factors.
* Participants must commit to and be available for the duration of the twelve-month fellowship.
* Boston, MA; Hybrid (If remote, periodic travel to Boston will be required)
* 1 year
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* The Producer will be a part of the team working on the most-watched prime time science series on American television and across the media. As a member of the editorial team, they would get an inside view and contribute to the making of long and short-form science documentaries, start to finish.
* Participate in editorial workflow processes for long-form documentaries, including, but not limited to, reviewing, writing comments, and discussing project pitches and new ideas, film proposals and treatments, rough cuts, fine cuts, and picture locks to ensure that Series and PBS editorial expectations are met appropriately and in consultation with executive producers.
* Participate in production meetings and weigh in on matters of editorial, talent, schedule, budget formulation and tracking, and become familiar with compliance requirements.
* If needed, work closely with independent producers on project development/research and production.
* If needed, collaborate on production of digital content including, but not limited to, short-form video, digi-docs, audio and video podcasts, radio stories, and social media.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
* Proven writing, communication, presentation, and collaboration skills and the ability to interact well with all levels of staff and talent are essential.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
* A strong understanding of science and the ability to communicate complex science ideas in simple, engaging, and dramatic ways is preferred.
* A bachelor's degree is preferred.
* Must be up to date on COVID vaccinations to enter work premises or attend work-related events.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Geographic Coordinate System
- Hardworking And Dedicated