To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Karleigh Chavez
- Phone: 7032701540 x6151
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Instructional Design Specialist
ECS Federal, LLC • Washington, DC
Posted 2 months ago
ECS is seeking a Instructional Design Specialist to work in our Washington, D.C. office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Develops the overall design for training curriculum to meet identified training needs using instructional design methodology through all phases of each project; including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Collaborates with functional course owners, subject matter experts, and target audience to gather information needed to conduct needs assessment of the training and develop the curriculum.
- Develops and presents the business case for developing a new training program, course or job aid to the decision board to gain approval.
- Establishes project plans and leads teams in the development of new learning content and monitors completion of milestones and deliverables.
- Leads others and participates in the design of curriculum, instruction, and assessment materials using knowledge of current trends and best practices in learning and development.
- Designs learning curriculum utilizing an array of instructional design strategies that focus on innovative ways to deliver and deploy learning.
- Follows Adult Learning Methodology to identify and write learning objectives, storyboard content and design learning approaches.
- Integrates evaluation methods and tools within the training to measure the impact and effectiveness through knowledge checks or other assessments.
- Follows the established learning standards and ensures the training requirements are met for all content and programs.
- Conducts reviews of the design and development of training and development programs, products, and services to evaluate effectiveness, including benchmarking to industry standards.
- Maintains up-to-date on training and development research and innovative ideas supporting learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques.
- Degree in Instructional Design, Education (with a concentration in Adult Education or Training and Development), Educational Technology/Learning Technology or a related training field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Ability to manage projects and programs, including developing plans and timelines, determining resource requirements, assigning tasks, monitoring progress and reporting results.
- Ability to develop instructional content compliant with Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) and Section 508 Accessibility requirements.
- Skill using computer programs in the development of training curriculum including word processing, presentation software and learning platform technologies (for example Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Connect Pro, Photoshop, Articulate, and Captivate).
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices in adult learning theory, instructional technology, instructional theory and practice.
- Knowledge of the design, development and implementation of methods and practices of evaluation and measurement of learning.
- Ability to develop training content that meet the training needs and are consistent with requirements and standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both written and orally.
- Ability to research evolving industry standards related to instructional design, training and development, blended learning, knowledge management and eLearning practices.
- Organizational Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.