Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise, monitor, and evaluate the daily activities of Accounting/Finance staff
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce reports as needed
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and procedures
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Manage and oversee monthly and year end processes
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts to subsidiary reports and review reconciliations produced by Accounting/Finance staff
- Review and approve tax filings, including but not limited to Sales and Use Tax and Personal Property Tax returns
- Create and maintain analytical reports
- Coordinate and complete audits including but not limited to year end financial and sales tax audits
- Act as back-up person for day-to-day activities when staff is absent
- Other responsibilities as assigned
This job currently supervises a staff of four or five.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5 to 7 years of experience in an Accounting role
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Experience with an ERP computer system, Epicor E10 preferred
- Computer skills in MS Office and databases
- High attention to detail and accuracy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands to file or sort documents, handle, feel, or talk. Employees will also speak with other employees in the office or outside companies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,