UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Financial Consultant role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team will support all aspects of the E&I risk adjustment accuracy program. The risk accuracy team manages E&I’s prospective risk adjustment activities which includes the in-home assessment and the in-office assessment programs along with the retrospective program focused on chart retrieval and supplemental diagnosis. Responsibilities include oversight, improvement, forecasting and reporting of risk adjustment program.
- Work with internal and external vendors to ensure risk adjustment program objectives are accurately set and being met. This includes review of vendor metrics against internal data and performance against set targets
- Provide executive reporting on performance across in home and in office assessment programs, and retrospective chart retrieval programs. Will coordinate with health plans and business segments to ensure they have the information needed to close gaps in accurate member diagnosis
- Forecast of retrospective and prospective programs. Will work with business partners to ensure program costs align with expected benefits and changes in business mix while tracking performance for each program
- Ensure vendor has information needed for program to operate effectively and meet program objectives
- Work to ensure information provided through prospective and retrospective risk adjustment programs can be supported through RADV audit
- Assists in designing and implementing process improvements to help increase program value and accuracy of member condition diagnosis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
*** This role can be either in office or Telecommute***
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or equivalent field
- 4+ years of progressive work experience in finance and accounting
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and effectively influence others
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Strong computers skills including experience with data warehouses, SAS, Power BI, MS Access, Essbase, relational databases, and structured query language (SQL)
- Finance experience in a service, consulting or health insurance industry (Commercial experience)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Financial Consultant, Senior Financial Consultant, Financial Analyst, Finance Analyst, Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Finance Consultant, Financial Consultant, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota