At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at URL blocked - click to apply.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
MISSION / SUMMARY: This key position reports to the HR Manager and supports the Human Resources function for a 800+ employee, unionized (USW & IBEW) coated paperboard mill located in Queen City, Texas.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- This position is responsible for managing others in delivering HR fundamentals such as, hourly payroll, employee benefits and general administration; HR administration ISO/audit protocols and compliance.
- Organizational effectiveness; assisting with succession planning and other HR strategies.
- HRIS systems (e.g. SAP, ADP), and related data base development and maintenance.
- Monitor and provide necessary training and coaching to managers and supervisors on operating within a union environment.
- Interprets company policy for supervisors and employees. Assists and provides input toward the development of policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving work-related problems and labor issues. Evaluates the issue and meets with supervisors to determine effective remediation techniques, such as job skills training or personal intervention, to resolve human relations issues.
- Lead internal investigations.
- Workforce planning, recruiting and staffing; new hire on-boarding.
- Employee recognition; wellness initiatives; and employee communication.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources Generalist experience required.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment (paper manufacturing preferred).
- Union labor/relations experience a plus (contract interpretation, compliance, grievance, arbitration).
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor Degree (Human Resources preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of Federal and State employment laws and other government compliance regulations.
SKILLS: Skills include but not limited to the following.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Software, Excel, Word and Outlook
- SAP Business Software Knowledge preferred
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures and governmental law
- General schedule is M-F assignment; however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Managerial Courage
- Motivating Others
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Hr Management Systems