Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, is looking for a Systems Engineer opening who excels in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our client's internal and external end users and clients. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We are looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
This is a year contract with likely hire in Orlando, FL.
Please send your resume to Michelle Pavese at URL blocked - click to apply
Only qualified candidates who meet the below requirements will be considered.
Address: Orlando, FL 32819
Position: Systems Engineer
Duration: year contract with likely hire
- Ability to perform a wide range of system administration duties on web, application, database and other servers, including install, debug, maintain, upgrade, and general support. This would include testing and deployment of hardware and software, performing regular and on-demand backups and recoveries and create/maintain documentation for all processes and procedures, among other duties.
- Provide guidance / mentoring to administrators on the infrastructure team, as well as other departments within IT.
- Proactive monitoring of all servers, applications and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and exceed SLAs, maintain peak server performance, collect and review system data for capacity and planning / forecasting purposes, update / monitor server KPIs at defined intervals, review automated monthly report summarizing the health/status of servers across the enterprise.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide off-hour support; perform troubleshooting as needed; work closely with the IT team to provide support and issue resolution, support efforts for root cause analysis
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing and maintaining disaster recovery plans for the server and storage infrastructure, including application availability and business continuity.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to research, evaluate and recommend system technologies to support business requirements.
- Assist with daily support and maintenance of the storage arrays including but not limited to providing performance metrics, overall health checks and recommendations to maintain service levels
- Ensure change management processes are followed.
- Advanced knowledge of installations, upgrades, patching, and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 operating systems
- Advanced knowledge and experience with virtualization administration of VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience managing Hyper-V replication and VMware SRM
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft System Center suite
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Group Policy
- Advanced knowledge and experience with DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Microsoft clustering technologies
- Experience with NAS/SAN administration
- Experience with iSCSI and Fiber Channel
- Experience with managing a Disaster Recovery solution
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives for root cause analysis and new system evaluations
- Experience with PCI compliance and familiar with the PCI DSS requirements
- Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work under time constraints
- Ability to manage diverse personalities with superior customer service skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development