Job Summary: The manufacturing lead ill be the contact person for the work flow to the hardware (HW) assembly personnel in the subject areas of harnessing and Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE).
Responsibilities: Prioritization and distribution of work to technicians; create assembly documentation, review assembly drawings, serve as liaison between designer and technicians, design concept resource for harness and EGSE designers, manage technician work space (ie: Electro-static discharge areas, parts, tool inventory, setup, etc.).
- Serve as liaison between designer and technicians
- Serve as resource for concept development
- Review drawings and create assembly documentation (ie: Work Order Travelers)
- Maintain status of HW assemblies in queue, in process, completed, and requiring resolution
- Prioritize work and distribute work to technicians
- Organize and maintain work areas
- Provide parts control
- Provide inventory of tools and shop floor stock
- Provide and implement setups and uses of test equipment
- BS degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or 8-10 years of related work experience
- Candidate must have experience with IPC-J-STD-001 or NASA 8738.2,3,4
- Familiar with Military and NASA Standards and requirements and AS9100
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral skills
- Proficiency in Creo Cabling Tool
- Hands-on experience with spacecraft H/W
- Must be well organized, team oriented, high initiative, collaborative, and capable of communicating at all levels of the organization
- US Citizen
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 21407
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies, Inc. (SGT), an aerospace services company, was founded in 1994 by Harold Stinger and Dr. Kam Ghaffarian. We are headquartered in Greenbelt, Maryland with locations throughout the country. We are dedicated to customer satisfaction and providing high quality support in the areas of Engineering, Science, Project Management and Information Technology. SGT is ISO 9001:2000 and CMMI Level 3 certified. We support substantial contracts for various government agencies including NASA, DoD, NOAA, USGS, and USAID. We also maintain strong affiliations and active partnerships with companies throughout the nation and work to Achieve Results and Exceed Expectations.
View the full profile
Our expertise in managing multi-million dollar contracts, along with our world class technical background, facilitates effective support of individual projects and ensures the overall success of our customers’ programs. At SGT, we take pride in fulfilling the needs of our customers and exceeding their expectations. We have a history of successful, high quality contract performance and have been recognized with some of the most prestigious industry awards for the outstanding quality of our services, including the NASA George M. Low Award.