To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lyon, MS 38645
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Head, Influenza and RSV franchises- VEM (Vaccine Epidemiology and Modeling) (H/F)
Sanofi • Lyon, MS
Posted 8 days ago
Le contenu du poste est libellé en anglais car il nécessite de nombreuses interactions avec nos filiales à l’international, l'anglais étant la langue de travail.
This position will develop and lead Sanofi Pasteur’s epidemiology and RWE generation strategy to shape a favorable environment for our existing products (QIV) and for the launch of new products (RSVMabs, HDflu, Flublok, FluNxt) across the globe.
The Head, Influenza and RSV franchises will ensure a high quality research agenda is built in consultation with the business to support this RSV/flu portfolio, ensuring internal synergies, cohesion and alignment. This agenda will be elaborated in coordination with internal functions, key thought leaders and major stakeholder groups such as public health institutions and payers.
This external facing positon will become a key scientific authority on the subject matter within the company and outside. He will have a key role in demonstrating the value to the VEM team, translating the research outcomes into sound business opportunities.
- Support the elaboration of the epidemiology generation strategy across the flu and RSV products in close collaboration with SP global and regional stakeholders (Market Access, Medical Affairs, Policy and Commercial Operations) and key external major stakeholder groups such as public health institutions and payers.
- Support the use of epidemiological evidence to inform decision-making internally, at Sanofi Pasteur, and externally by our customers, recommending bodies and public health.
- Ensure scientific excellence and strong compliance/integrity for the research agenda. Support impactful publications and communication in scientific congresses
- Develop a network of academic and public health partners that can guide the company’s research agenda, support research execution and thus maximize the company’s ability to generate impactful evidence in this area.
- Oversee and ensure smooth planning and execution of the activities of his team
- Develop individuals reporting to role
- This senior position delivers both research and strategic direction for the flu/RSV products family. This position will report to the head of the Function (VEM). VEM department is coordinating large evidence generation activities in collaboration with Public Health Institutions and/or Universities to shape vaccine policies and evaluate vaccination impact.
- This position supervise 3 franchise leads (QIV, HDflu/Flublok, RSV) and a PPP project lead.
- This position has accountability for a budget allocation of about 5M€ per year.
- This position will focus on the most important family of products for SP, world leader in flu vaccines, representing close to half of the company revenue. Several important new product launches are planned over the next 5 years
- To be successful at this, the candidate must constantly strive for excellence in science and business.
- Further, the candidate must have passion for the company’s mission to improve human health by developing superior innovative vaccination solutions against infectious diseases, and to engage with the public health community to maximize and sustain vaccination impact.
- Strong motivation for public health
- Strategic thinking
- Strong business acumen and market access understanding
- Scientific excellence
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop, motivate and lead people
- High level of self-awareness
- Ability to cooperate cross-functionally
- PhD in Epidemiology/Public Health or MD plus related MSc/MPH.
- At least 15 years of experience in the field of RSV/flu (demonstrated by relevant publications record)
- Strong network, recognized as a leader in his field
- Expertise in developing epidemiological studies
- Fluent in English
Sanofi is committed to welcoming and integrating people with disabilities
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.