Starting Pay - $19 to $23 based on experience
- Full Benefit Package available within your 1st 30 days of Employment!!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k + match
- Paid Holidays from day 1
- 2 Floating Holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- $19.00 - $23.00 per hour/based on experience
- $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
- $6.00 Load Bonus per load/paid out monthly (Average 3-5 loads per day)
Operate a commercial motor vehicle with a capacity of at least 26,001 GVWR, to transport and deliver ready mix concrete. Will be required to operate different aspects of the vehicle's systems to alter, mix or unload as required. May require use of automated routing equipment. Requires commercial drivers' license, Class B minimum. All job offers are contingent on pre employment drug screen and background check results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting ready mix concrete.
- Check vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good operating order.
- Maintain logs of operating hours and delivery of product, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maneuver vehicle into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Drive vehicle safely, including vehicles with high center of gravity, to transport and deliver product, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Load and unload vehicles, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- Climb ladders or stairs to inspect loads, ensuring that the product is accurate, and vehicle is clean.
- Collaborate with other drivers as part of a driving team on some trips.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with customers to ensure proper delivery of product.
- Must maintain driver’s daily logs.
- Climb in and out of vehicle cab frequently throughout day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Six months to one year related driving experience
- Must have valid CDL, class B with air brakes minimum.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why work for us:
Concrete Supply of Topeka, Builders Choice Concrete, and Builders Choice Aggregates have a safety-focused culture. Our people are our company's strength and vitality; the collective experience, talent, and commitment are the lifeblood of our company. As a company, our goal is to inform and train employees to ensure everyone returns home safely each night to be with their families.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Decision Making
- Handling And Load Carrying
- Medical Emergency