To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Leandro, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Supervisor-UPS Freight
UPS Professional • San Leandro, CA
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Quality Freight Package Engineering position provides solutions sales support. He/She conducts research and training. This position runs reports and communicates findings to management. This position assists in the development of custom Freight packaging solutions. He/She evaluates and monitors compliance in accordance with UPS standards. This position acts as the liaison between United Parcel Ground Freight (UPGF) and the UPS Packaging Test Lab.
The Quality Freight Package Engineering position assists in developing sales strategies to provide customer solutions subject matter expertise and to help grow the business. He/She enters daily activities into project administration tools to create time sheets, expense reports, calendar entries, and project files. This position researches and evaluates industry trends and best practices to enhance UPS Freight's ability to meet and exceed customer expectations and provide leading edge solutions. This position ssists the service centers in the development and implementation of action plans to address accounts with a history of high cargo claims expense related to packaging issues. He/She Coordinates freight testing to ensure package, material, and contract compliance are met.
- Assists in the development of project proposals to help articulate customer needs and solution requirements and to sell the value of Customer Solutions.
- Estimates the number of hours required based on project scope to provide the sales team with resource, time, and cost requirements for pricing contracts and determining desirable returns on investments.
- Participates in sales meetings and conference calls to share information and provide training on new developments.
- Reports on project status, field resource activity, and training initiatives to keep senior management informed of progress and developments.
- Develops personal industry knowledge and expertise (e.g., reads technical and industry journals, browses the internet, attends seminars, etc.) to remain current with the industry and the latest technologies.
- Researches UPS Freight's products, services, and transportation technologies to effectively position and integrate UPS Freight core solutions.
- Gathers and analyzes customer data and interviews and observes customers to determine true needs and specifics for providing the best customer solutions.
- Evaluates package/shipment performance through the distribution environment to determine needs and specifics for providing the best solutions.
- Performs Freight Characteristics and develops appropriate action plans to resolve issues.
- Develops and ensures compliance with the "UPGF Freight Lab Operations Manuals" to maintain performance standards.
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of industry and financial trends impacting UPS and/or customers’ organizations; identifies the organizational structure and functions within a business.
- Designs/Develops Integrated Solutions to Business Problems: Demonstrates a basic understanding of a business problem; recommends a solution to solve the business problem.
- Technical Writing: Demonstrates a general understanding and use of grammatical rules; expresses ideas clearly and concisely; explains the relationship of effective writing to business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Package Engineering, or a related field - Preferred
- Master’s Degree - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity