Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
The Nursing Clerk is responsible for assisting with data entry, the mailing, faxing, and tracking of orders and plans of treatment, checking in documentation from Option Care nurses and subcontractors, processing invoices, and other administrative duties in the nursing department. Also assists with the scheduling of clinical staff to visit patients. Works closely with the pharmacy, intake and warehouse to determine schedule needs and availability to insure appropriate patient care. Coordinates and performs clerical/office activities for the individual branch location. As needed prepare correspondence, file, and obtain supplies for the office. Serves as backup of the reception functions, office maintenance, office equipment and other general office management functions as assigned by the Director of Ops or Nurse Manager.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Completes data entry projects and other office assignments as given
- Copies, faxes, scans and files paperwork as needed.
- Assists with the coordination of patient care by supporting the Patient Scheduler and Nurse Manager.
- File incoming materials and records for patients according to the file system
- Coordinate scheduling needs with staffing availability.
- Facilitates patient complaints or issues to appropriate department.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Responsible for the organization and completion of general office administration.
- Participates in and completes office functions such as reception, typing, bookkeeping, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services. Responsible for overseeing the accurate and timely maintenance of all medical records.
- Adheres to Option Care policies with regard to the procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) No
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience in general office administration.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Office 2003 or later: Word (for example: creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics), Excel (for example: creating worksheets, entering data, creating basic formulas, working with cells and rows).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Previous home healthcare experience
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.