To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clearwater, FL 33762
- Kyle Bahr
- Phone: 813.559.1854
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mastech Digital • Clearwater, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Solutions Architect for our client in the Transportation and Logistics domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Permanent position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Location: Clearwater, FL
Compensation: Market Rates
Role: Solutions Architect
Primary Skills: Agile
Role Description: The Solutions Architect would need to have at least 5+ years of experience. In this role, you will be responsible for providing leadership, analysis and technical design related to the development of the enterprise solutions architecture to enable the organizational future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organizational targeted outcomes — including systems (processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Steward the enterprise roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Identify the organizational impact (i.e., on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work as artifacts.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to type on a keyboard and use a mouse to navigate.
- Vision sufficient to view small details on a computer monitor
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to stoop, bend and lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate using a telephone handset and/or connected headset device
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Kyle Bahr
Recruiter Phone: 813.559.1854
Equal Employment Opportunity