To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor II, Manufacturing
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Supervisor, Manufacturing II (Test Technician Supervisor) with our Manufacturing Engineering Team.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
Location: Rochester, MN
Assigns and coordinates activities of workers engaged in assembling, testing and inspecting of assemblies and subassemblies.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Analyze production schedule and assign jobs to line workers needed to meet delivery dates.
- Plan work assignments for group on basis of priority and worker skills.
- Assign duties to workers and evaluate worker performance.
- Implement company policies and procedures.
- Examine product according to knowledge of manufacturing and quality standards to ensure acceptability.
- Review and compile operations records, such as yield, scrap and maintenance costs.
- Review work orders, product specifications, technical instructions and facility requirements, requisition tools. Equipment and supplies for section.
- Enter and verify employees work time into system.
- Adapt easily to changing programs; flexible to do tasks assigned.
- Participate and/or lead Customer Support and Quality Improvement teams in order to continually improve product quality, improve throughput and reduce downtime.
- Act as backup for the Production Manager as needed.
- All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively mentor employees
- Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools.
- Ability to drive solutions to planning issues with direction from senior management.
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required.
- Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism when representing the company.
- Demonstrate leadership and people management skills..
- Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with direction.
- Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a small group through successful process improvement projects.
3+ years of electronics manufacturing experience; 2+ years in a leadership role; Experience in contract manufacturing preferred.
4 year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.Click here to send this Job
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.