We share a common purpose – to make the world more connected and sustainable. And we’re excited about the innovative ways we can change the world. If you are also interested in turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good, then Jacobs is where you belong.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an Entry Level Electrical Engineering Professional to be based in our Herndon, Virginia Office. The projects associated with this position will focus on low and medium voltage electrical distribution systems primarily for water and wastewater treatment-related facilities which typically include process treatment structures and buildings, but also can include administration and operations buildings, laboratories, maintenance buildings, and site lighting. Responsibilities include electrical design services of systems in areas of power distribution, emergency back-up power including generators, lighting, fire alarm, life safety, communication, and security systems.
Your duties will typically include technical writing, construction drawings and specification production, shop drawing review, and responding to requests for information during construction. You will have career growth opportunities that include working with multidisciplinary teams, managing drafting and drawing production, and continually learning new skills.
Jacobs is a company like no other, and is proud to proclaim a culture of innovation, with multi-faceted client services and solutions that encourage new ideas and inclusive approaches from all of our people. We have a unique blueprint for building social value into our projects, with a focus on digital expertise in all areas of our practice that is a testament of our leadership commitment in sustainable, futuristic development.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations
- Work under the supervision of senior level engineers
- Possess an outgoing and positive attitude, dependable and able to meet all assigned project deadlines
- Perform routine assignments which are clearly defined and require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Provide design support in producing deliverables, contract documents, design calculations and analysis, and assisting lead electrical engineers in a team environment
- Coordinate project electrical activities with a utility and other disciplines for their area of responsibility
- Perform technical writing for studies and pre-design deliverables
- May conduct site testing and make recommendations for design systems
- May assist in preparing estimates and proposals; and prepare technical reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Coursework should have an emphasis on Power and Energy
- EIT Certification in the United States or one of its territories, or be in the process of obtaining it
- Ability to learn, adapt and work as a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- BIM/CAD experience (Revit and/or Microstation) preferred
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
- Some working knowledge of broad range of electrical systems is preferred, including power system design, fire alarm design, lighting design, load flow studies, communications design, grounding design and equipment selection
- Some experience producing sizing calculations with minimal supervision is preferred
- Familiarity with the NEC and NFPA 820
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Autodesk Revit
- Electrical Engineering