As a Commercial Bank Treasury Management Officer, you will focus primarily on generating new business from prospective clients across State, county, city governments, school districts, water authorities and municipal government agencies.
You will work closely with a group of Government focused bankers to ensure proper alignment of strategies and credit capacity for all Treasury Services products.
This is a business development officer role with heavy emphasis on developing new treasury management and depository relationships for an assigned territory. Job responsibilities include:
* Grow revenue as directed by senior management by successfully prospecting for new deposit and payment product and treasury management business and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships.
* Manage the non-credit risk for customer portfolio
* Monitor and enhance profitability of all assigned relationships
* Source prospects and develop new customer relationships
* Work independently and in partnership with market bankers to develop new profitable business from prospective clients; develop and execute strategic account plans
* Engage clients at senior and strategic levels to provide integrated treasury solutions within a consultative and client driven framework
* Understand the competitions' capabilities and gaps, and how to position JPMorgan Chase Treasury Services against them
* Manage proposal writing and the entire sales process
* Develop and enhance in-depth client knowledge and share it with the client coverage team for both new business development and management of client risk
* Create strategic dialogues around key client-centric issues, incorporating best practices, benchmarking, opportunity quantification and solution positioning
* Partner with internal product stakeholders when representing the client perspective in the development/evolution of products and solutions
* Deliver thought leadership to the market, prospects and clients on the working capital solutions at client roundtables, industry conferences, webinars, articles, etc.
* Execute against a clear set of engagement principles that ensure consulting resources are mapped against the largest revenue opportunities within Treasury Services
* Deliver Results - individually and as a team
* 6+ years of experience successfully prospecting for new deposit and payment product and treasury management business and relationship management
* Excellent relationship management and business development/sales skills
* Considerable knowledge of depository products and treasury management services
* Knowledge and understanding of Treasury Services and deposit products, credit and risk process, overdraft management discipline, and pricing philosophy
* Success developing new business, with focus on prospecting
* Excellent/strong selling and negotiation skills
* Excellent/strong verbal and written communication skills
* B.A./B.S in Accounting/Finance preferred or equivalent professional experience
* Demonstrated success managing a virtual team where success is achieved through influence vs. direct reporting relationship
* Strong time management, organizational and planning skills
* Strategic thinking skills
- Business Development
- Business Relationship Management
- Cash Management
- Client Coverage