Our mission is to elevate the level of home health and hospice care by continually improving the experience of—and relationships with—patients, families, providers, employees, and the community. That is why Access Home Health and Hospice is simply better for everyone.
The medical social worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
2. Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
3. Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
4. Provides information and referral services for Organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
5. Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
6. Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
7. Maintains collaborative relationships with Organization personnel to support patient care.
8. Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
9. Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
10. Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
11. Participates in discharge planning.
12. Other duties as delegated by the Director of Nursing /Supervisor.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. Graduate of a bachelor’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social
2. Minimum of one year's experience in health care.
3. Experience in a home health care preferred.
4. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
5. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Acces Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Social Worker
Medical Social Work