Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
SENIOR RELIABILITY ENGINEER
This position supports the Reading, PA, Latrobe, PA and Tanner, AL locations. Looking for candidates to reside near either of the Pennsylvania locations, but will consider candidates who live in the Northern Alabama area and willing to commute 50% of the time to the Pennsylvania locations. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Continuous Improvements
- Serve as the Carpenter RCM Lean Transformation Leader. Provides strategic and tactical leadership for the RCM program and deployment to deliver measurable results.
- Act as the champion within Carpenter for development and implementation of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs and systems. Organize and direct workstreams focused on RCM. Provide guidance, direction, and support to others, including peers.
- Act as a leader and ambassador for the Reliability Centered Maintenance culture of Carpenter.
- Work with site leadership to develop specific RCM strategies for critical equipment initially focused on asset health and asset management.
- Responsible for the cost-effective reliability and failure minimization of all equipment in designated/assigned operating areas. Investigates and resolves difficult root cause failure analysis to prevent failures. Assist, coach, and teach less experienced department personnel in complex root cause failure analysis which includes, but is not limited to, the application of Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced root cause analysis (RCA), Statistical Methods and RCM. Leads and drives optimized equipment maintenance plans (EMP's) with all new equipment installations and modifications.
- Prepares and analyzes diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports of downtime data and provides recommendations for reducing outages. Identifies, recommends, and implements solutions to downtime situations based on analysis of the manpower/equipment/reliability required to resolve the situation while considering cost limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, and availability of materials/equipment.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or associated technology degree in Engineering or related field required. Certifications in Reliability functions preferred.
- 8+ years of job related experience, including 2+ years in a maintenance reliability leadership role with a proven track record of Reliability Centered Maintenance development and implementation. Project Management experience preferred. Quantitative, Statistical, and Analytical skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of RCM (reliability centered maintenance) methodologies, best practices and systems.
- Working knowledge of problem-solving techniques and data collection resources.
- Ability to structure tasks and manage changing priorities. Ability to use sound and logical thinking in choosing a course of action.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a production-oriented environment. Ability to organize, prioritize and lead multiple tasks and make appropriate decisions to complete objectives. Ability to evaluate and analyze information and provide creative solutions.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to quickly develop and maintain working relationships across the organization.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Root Cause Analysis
- Verbal Communication
- Critical Thinking