At Unity, sustainability isn't a buzzword. It's the foundation of our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years.
We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to Arizona to Brazil.
Engage with Unity College and you'll start to ask tough questions, challenge the status quo, and envision new possibilities. If taking the lead in creating a more sustainable future sounds like the future you want, we can make it happen.
The Integrated Enrollment Service Specialist-Transfer Evaluation is part of the transfer processing unit and reports to the Assistant Director of Integrated Enrollment Services. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform a variety of data processing, clerical, and office tasks accurately and efficiently in support of the transfer evaluation process at Unity College. Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining database records, inbound and outbound calls to students, word processing, maintaining spreadsheets, bulk mailings, and report management.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
* Provide accurate, valid, and timely processing and maintenance of all transcript records.
* Perform transcript data entry and associated tasks into campus information systems of record.
* Provide administrative support to include (but not all inclusive) maintaining and producing mailing lists, assisting in producing letters and envelopes for mailings, and editing and proofreading documents, as needed.
* Perform inbound and outbound calls to students in support of administrative needs across institutional units.
* Evaluate transcripts for student credit transfer.
* Perform data analysis activities as directed.
* Complete, verify, process, and distribute credit card statements, purchase orders, check requests, timesheets, tax forms, applications, etc. when directed.
* Reconcile spending activities with the business office to the general ledger, credit card statements, gifts, etc.
* Maintain inventory of materials, publications, letterhead etc. required for College activities and communications when assigned.
* Organize, prepare, produce, and otherwise process both physical and electronic bulk communications in accordance with department schedules and procedures.
* Process incoming mail and delivery of outgoing mail to the mailroom.
* Coordinate scanning and e-filing of documents.
* Generate, validate and distribute periodic and ad-hoc reports.
* Maintain shared email inboxes and calendars.
* Ensure accuracy and completion of data elements through periodic reports and verification measures.
* Serve as the subject matter expert for one or more information systems, identify process improvements, develop procedures for implementation, etc.
* Perform complex clerical work and cross train in all units under the Integrated Enrollment Services (IES) Center.
* Provide customer service to other departments within the institution and provide college switchboard services-as assigned.
* Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures with leadership.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma/GED required.
* Must have good oral communication skills.
* Proficiency with databases, word processing, email, and spreadsheet software.
* Ability to work harmoniously with members of the college team.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, make sound decisions, budget time, focus on details, and complete tasks on time while functioning in multiple capacities.
* Ability to adapt to new ideas and circumstances.
* Knowledge of office operations including filing and clerical support.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the college community and managers.
* Ability to calculate figures and apply concepts of percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being discreet, courteous and well poised.
* Two (2) years of job-related experience in customer service or a related field.
Please see attached job description for full list of roles and responsibilities.
Unity College has its Hybrid Learning campus in Unity, Maine. This position will be located at 49 Farm View Rd. New Gloucester, ME.
Unity College offers a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, PTO, and a company match on our 403b retirement plan. Waiting periods will apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the "Apply Now" button and submit a resume and cover letter.
At Unity College, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our students, and our community. Unity College is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- Business Process Improvement
- Copy Editing
- Customer Service