Sr. Software EngineerCompensation:
$100000.00 to $120000.00 yearly
Please contact Email blocked - click to apply
for immediate consideration
A Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) is responsible for the design, development, management, and enhancement of RESTful API, front-end, and database architecture. A person in this role will have a deep understanding of technologies, software development methods, and best practices that lead to the successful development, implementation, and security of applications and systems. A Senior Software Engineer is both a leader and mentor to other Software Engineers and will help coordinate the efforts of others. A high level of communication and teamwork are expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
List the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading. Using headings and giving examples of the types of activities to be done allows you to develop a flexible job description that encourages employee to ‘work outside the box’ and within reason, discourages “that’s not my job”.
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain RESTful API, Front-end, database architecture, and systems.
• Support, lead, and mentor other software engineers within the department.
• Provide meaningful solutions to software, database, and system issues.
• Recommend improvements to the software, database, and system.
• Conduct code reviews and analysis of other developers’ works.
• Provide assessments on the quality of work of other developers and QA members.
• Work with QA members to develop a test plan and identify areas impacted by a change or enhancement to the application, database, or system.
• Partner with team members, product owners, and stakeholders to clarify requirements and implement solutions.
• Work with customer success to help diagnose and duplicate application/systems defects.
• Provide as accurate as possible size estimations for the work assigned and work assigned to the team.
• Document architecture, software data flow (DFD), and vulnerability threats.
• Maintain and contribute to the developer and QA systems environments.
• Participate in retrospectives and speak as an expert authority to provide details on issues, situations, or improvements.
• Follow and understand industry best practices that impact the security of the software, database, or systems ie. security, threats, and vulnerabilities (OWASP, NIST, etc.)
• Follow IT, development, and company policies as well as adhere to government rulings and regulations.
• Must have a positive “can-do” attitude.
• Must be able to accept and give constructive feedback.
• Access to sensitive information and data with the ability to keep information confidential is
• A minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in applicable work experience. Preferred degrees: BS or BA in CS, MIS, IFSM or related fields. Other degree considerations: EE, Mathematics, or other engineering disciplines. Will substitute degree for work experience if work experience is applicable.
• Minimum (4) years working as a software developer.
• Minimum (2) years working as a software developer using PHP or be able to demonstrate an expert level of knowledge and aptitude.
• Experience with at least 2 or more server side languages (PHP, Python, C#, Ruby, Java, GO, C++).
• Experience developing RESTful APIs.
• Experience maintaining, designing and developing database applications using MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server. Preference is for MySQL.
• Working knowledge of an ORM like PHP Symfony.
• Working knowledge of front-end framework tools like Angular.js
• Knowledge of maintaining, designing and developing database applications using MongoDB a plus.
• Working knowledge of Linux or Unix type OS systems (ie. Ubuntu, Redhat, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Git and Github.
• Working knowledge of Jenkins.
• Experience with Scrum and Kanban or similar Agile development methodologies.
• Working knowledge of PHPStorm a plus.
• Deep knowledge of application and systems security best practices a plus.
• Experience in healthcare domain with knowledge of HIPAA, HL7, CCD, etc. a plus Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the jobs, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Intermediate to Expert PHP developer
• Intermediate to Expert RESTful API developer
• Intermediate level of expertise in Linux
• Intermediate level of expertise in MySQL
• Familiarity with MongoDB
• Familiarity with Git and Github
• Familiarity with Jenkins
• Experience with Agile development practices
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work concurrently on multiple tasks
• Must have a positive “can-do” and treat everyone with a high level of respect
• Time Management
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at Phone number blocked - click to apply to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Php (Scripting Language)
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Java (Programming Language)
Ruby On Rails
C++ (Programming Language)