Warehouse Electrician Needed Job Title Electrician Job # US11395 Requisition Type Regular Function Distribution State/Province Kansas City Edgerton Region Posting Start Date Oct-22-2019 Division Information
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Maintains and repairs all types of equipment in the facility. Will be responsible for maintaining high technology equipment both electrically and mechanically. Will maintain facility electrical distribution system as well as all production related equipment. Use computers to interface with PLC’s and all other electrical test equipment of the trade.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education and Experience Profile
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires 5 years outside experience as a Maintenance Electrician or a minimum of 3 to 4 years experience as a “B” Electrician.
- 2 or more year's facilities maintenance in a distribution center.
- Requires excellent electrical, mechanical aptitude and outstanding analytical ability. Electrical troubleshooting experience required; 480V experience is a plus.
- Must know all types of welding, brazing, and soldering; should know how to read simple blue prints.
- Able to wire a three-phase alternating current motor; understanding of motor specs (voltage, power, phase, speed, frame, shafting). Basic knowledge of direct current motors.
- Able to use all equipment and tools properly, including a multimeter, especially to check equipment de-energized for a lockout.
- Able to troubleshoot probable cause of most machine malfunctions, including finding shorts and identifying failed components in a circuit (relays, connectors, contactors, starters, overloads, etc).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the difference between breakers, fuses, and overloads and how they trip.
- Basic knowledge of variable frequency drives.
- Must have tools of the trade as specified in separate policy.
- Ability to read and write English and do simple arithmetic.
- Able to see the average job through to completion without relying on others.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Lifts 26-40 pounds without assistance many times a day and also lifts 41-75 pounds without assistance daily. Additionally this role lifts 76-100 pounds with assistance daily.
- Safety Harness: The ability to wear the safety harness to perform job functions.
- Protective Equipment: The ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
- Proper Lifting Techniques: the ability to properly lift heavy objects or equipment. This includes the knowledge of correct bending and lifting techniques as needed to properly position and use one’s hands, feet, legs, arms, and back to lift objects or equipment, and to push, pull, and carry heavy objects.
- Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, other Spectrum Brands property or additional work areas.
- Hand-Eye Coordination: The ability to coordinate one’s eyes with one’s fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
- Visual Acuity: The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs, video displays including iPads) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick , accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand, one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
- Stamina: the ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long periods.
- Climbing: The ability to climb, work, and carry items up and down ladders.
- Work Conditions: The ability to perform job activities with appropriate intermittent relief where applicable, under difficult work conditions such as in extreme cold, heat, inclement weather, at heights, while exposed to constant/intermittent sounds.
- Tight Working Conditions: The willingness and ability to work in cramped/tight working conditions where mobility is restricted.
- Working conditions are normal for a distribution center.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Production Equipment Controls