To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Medford, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
American Tire Distributors • Medford, OR
Posted 1 month ago
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The primary role is to assist the public, performs a variety of word processing, typing, reception, proofreading, records keeping, file maintenance and other responsible clerical duties. The incumbent occupies a position of confidence, trust and responsibility in the performance of all activities related to this position. There will be some cash management, maintaining logs, files specialized system data files and other record keeping systems used in connection with Center activities. Perform various clerical office activities, such as opening, sorting and distributing mail, receiving and directing calls and visitors and arranging for appointments and meetings.
- Perform research, record keeping, processing and maintenance functions in regards to clerical assignments
- Perform word processing and type drafts and finished documents based on a variety of material from written and oral instructions, including correspondence, reports, charts and other materials
- Compose routine correspondence from notes or oral instructions
- Maintain logs, files, specialized information system data files and other record keeping systems used in connection with Center activities
- Perform various clerical office activities, such as opening, sorting and distributing mail, receiving and directing calls and visitors and arranging for appointments and meetings
- Provide administrative support in cash management, including routine banking procedures associated with the Company, receiving invoices and cash from drivers, handling NSF check information, preparing periodic lists, making decisions concerning Company Line of Credit and Letters of Credit.
- Provide information and prepare reports obtained from specific sources under appropriate conditions and presents facts without interpretation
- Assist with payroll processes and functions as directed
- Knowledge of alphabetic and numeric filing, of basic arithmetic, of office work procedures and practices, including the operation of commonly used office machines and word processing applications
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess excellent vocabulary, spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Key Partners (Positions):
- General Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Customer Service Reps
- Outside Account Managers
- Sales Managers
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High School Diploma; GED
- Experience: Prior administrative duties, typing, PC skills, math aptitude a must
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 0% of the time, travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned region and will require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R08663