We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. #OpportunityOwned. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
General Dynamics is seeking a Junior Software Engineer at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. An active DoD secret clearance is needed. A junior software developer works on a development team writing and maintaining code for computer applications. As a junior software developer, your primary responsibilities are to learn the code base, work on small bug fixes, and participate in paired programming with mid-level and senior developers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Participates in the design and coding of software products.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
- Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Active Secret security clearance
- 0-1 years of related software development experience.
IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE) or higher
#cjobs #defense #scotafb #gtp #gdpost #dicepost
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Java (Programming Language)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)