To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Director of Epidemiology - Boston, MA
UnitedHealth Group • Boston, MA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We're changing the way health care works for the better. That means consulting with our members, partnering with our physicians, and delivering drugs in the most efficient and effective way. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Epidemiology group at Optum is comprised of 50 people, and provides epidemiology consulting and analytic services to which the Executive Director will contribute. This involves overseeing projects within the Epidemiology group, from proposal writing to contracting through delivery. Working in a matrixed environment, the Executive Director will provide leadership on Epidemiology methods and processes along with business development and personnel management.
The Executive Director will become familiar with existing processes in the Epidemiology group and will develop new ones that contribute to successfully contracting new work, completing the contracted work, and meeting client expectations. Working closely with the Chief Scientific Officer, the Executive Director will have a role in operational awareness across the organization, helping guide research and consulting projects to successful completion. Additional responsibilities include participating in strategic planning, managing personnel resources, and interfacing with other groups within Optum or UnitedHealth to accomplish tasks that involve resources external to Epidemiology.
- Become intimately familiar with existing epidemiology processes
- Develop new processes (or modify existing ones) to better serve Epidemiology
- Maintain insight into the status of epidemiology projects
- Be alert to needs of project teams and be creative in solving them
- Work closely with Chief Scientific Officer to provide direction to the epidemiology department
- Communicate directly with clients to address issues in contracting or delivery
- Represent epidemiology in communications with other Optum or UnitedHealth groups
- Provide personnel management for Epidemiology
- Participate in business development for Epidemiology
- PhD or Equivalent in Epidemiology
- 10+ years of experience in managing healthcare research
- 10+ years of personnel management
- 10+ years of experience reviewing and implementing legal contracts
- 10+ years of experience working with clients addressing contracting and/or delivery of research reporting
- 10+ year track record of administrative, managerial and leadership experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dependability and reliability
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- MBA, MPA, or MPH
- Experience developing/identifying marketing campaigns
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Epidemiology, Healthcare, Management, Contracts, Leadership, Research, Boston, MA, Massachusetts