JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position's primary responsibility is to create demand for TeamHealth's hospital-based services and schedule face-to-face meetings with key decision makers for his/her respective vice president, business development. Additionally, the inside sales specialist is expected to have a keen knowledge of market activity as well as competitive intelligence in designated territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed goals for scheduling face-to-face meetings for vice president, business development (VPBD) with hospital decision makers and influencers
- Perform activities that will result in face-to-face meetings such as phone calls, emails, direct mail campaigns and attending trade shows
- Engage with C-suite and VP level hospital executives.
- Proactively and routinely contact hospitals in specified region to identify and create potential sales leads for new emergency department, hospital medicine, specialty hospitalist and anesthesia contracts
- Proactively gather account and territory level information for identified hospital targets
- Maintain accurate information in TeamHealth's CRM database as it pertains to assigned facilities. Such information includes, but is not limited to, decision-makers, current contract holders, volumes, systems and other facility information
- Conduct diligent follow-up for all activities conducted within the territory with special attention to accounts that show interest in developing a partnership with TeamHealth
- Follow the formal sales process which includes pre-call research, call planning and post-call activities
- Gather valuable competitive information at each stage of the sales process
- Review information sources (journals, periodicals, internet, media, etc.,) on a regular basis to identify trends/changes in healthcare in general and in your specific territory
- Follow up on targeted direct mail and email campaigns
- Assist VPBD with identifying/ranking target hospitals
- Participate in all inside sales meetings and trainings, some meetings may require travel.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of all activities in CRM
- Prepare activity/sales reports as required by inside sales director
- Other duties as assigned by management or Director, Inside Sales
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of successful inside sales experience; experience in healthcare market preferred
- Experience selling to executive levels within organizations
- Proficient in current Microsoft Office and contact management software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Professional in demeanor and appearance
- Focused, self-reliant individual and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute strategy
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Ability to function as part of a team as well as independently
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a semi-quiet setting
- Prolonged sitting
- Extensive telephone use
- Occasional lifting or carrying
- Occasional travel (overnight and out of town; approximately 25% per year)
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.