Register for a 20 minute interview time slot at our job fair to be held onsite on June 8 from 10AM-3PM by emailing [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Certified Nursing Assistant Days (7a-7:30p)!
Register for our job fair on Wednesday, April 14th by emailing [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Certified Nursing Assistant Days (7a-7:30p)!
- Ensure the well being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment, under direction of charge nurse or supervisor.
- Patient safety is addressed through
- Complete patient observation rounds timely. Observation may be assigned every 15 minutes, within reach of patient and/or 1:1 patient care.
- Ensure patient rooms are clean and uncluttered.
- Assist with transferring, lifting, raising or turning patients.
- Obtain patient’s vital signs, height and weight as assigned and ensure accurate documentation.
- Identify self to patient and visitors promptly and respond to patient requests quickly.
- Engage with patient in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals.
- Respond to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempt to understand the source of distress.
- Apply de-escalation techniques to help manage patient’s emotions, behavior and participation in treatment and assist with seclusion and restraints when necessary.
- Monitor behavioral improvements and reinforce these behaviors. Report changes and responses to treatment by communicating with team. Significant changes are reported to nurse immediately.
- Reinforce skills patients learn from nurses, physicians and therapist that promote improved physical and mental wellness.
- Insure comfort, dignity, privacy and perform related CNA duties such as feed, bath, dress, groom, move patients or change linens.
- Provide transfer or transportation for patient or coordinate transportation with appropriate staff member, as required.
- Adherence to work schedule and overall attendance.
- Follow established policies, procedures and standards for patient care.
- Clean unit as assigned by professional staff, including equipment such as, beds, IV poles and wheelchairs.
- Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient medical record.
- Collaborate with other staff in working with the population of the facility to treat and rehabilitate.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to patients, family members, guests and other members of the health care team.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional education or training which results in certification as nursing assistant per state requirements required.
- Previous experience in behavioral health setting knowledge and experience working with the population of the facility preferred.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification or license, per state requirements.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Certified Nursing Assistant