DC Metro-Based Global Health-Focused NGO seeking Mid-Level Accounting ProfessionalDirector of Finance and Accounting
~ 30 minutes from DC w/Competitive Salary~
Job Description: My Bethesda-based client is seeking both a Director of Finance and Accounting to join their team. This organization is an international NGO focused on health and removing barriers to health care internationally, specifically focusing on global health challenges. This well-respected organization has had exciting changes over the last year and are excited to have a Director help to lead in executing its global mission.
Candidates must have a rich background with NGO experience, in addition to administering or supporting NetSuite, auditing, reporting, and supervisory experience. You have experience and above-proficient working knowledge of GAAP, NetSuite, and accounting in a nonprofit setting. If you're looking to support a mission-oriented team with growth opportunities actively, this is the team for you.
COVID-19 Business Operations: This company is currently working remotely; applicants should understand that this position will be in-office based on organizational and governmental recommendations/orders.
Role & Responsibilities
- As Director, you will oversee and manage all financial activities for the company while leveraging NetSuite OneWorld. The Assistant Director and Finance and Accounting Department staff will report to you directly. You will report to the CFO as the Director of Accounting and Finance.
- You both will curate, facilitate the execution, and manage financial statements, reporting, budgets, and contribute to the preparation of forecasts and analyses.
- Support existing fiduciary relationships, including banks, external auditing entities, and compliance staff.
- You will refine and ensure the successful adoption of operational best practices across the Finance and Accounting Department.
- You will ensure the organization follows and adheres to legal and regulatory compliance.
- Support the CFO with special projects as directed.
Skills & Qualifications
Education/Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related degree-ideally, the candidate also has a license as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Strong background in using and administering NetSuite is REQUIRED.
- Strong working knowledge and application of GAAP in a non-profit setting
- Experience with A-133/Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200 audit preparation and execution is a must.
- Supervisory/Team management experience is a must.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office experience and skills set.
- Competitive Salaries (Director $100-$125K; Assistant Director $90-$105K annually)
- Retirement Plan (4013b)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan, FSAs (Prime Pay; Gen. Purpose and Dependent Care)
- GENEROUS PTO/Vacation/Holiday time
- Sick Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- EAP Program
If you meet the necessary qualifications and want the opportunity to expand your NetSuite career further, then don't wait to apply! Please send your resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to NetSuite Nonprofit Director of Accounting- DC Metro $100K+ and call
Anderson Frank International is the leading ERP recruitment firm in the US, advertising more ERP/NetSuite roles than any other agency. We deal with NetSuite partners & End Users throughout the United States, and we have never had more live requirements for NetSuite professionals.
By specializing solely in placing candidates in the ERP market, we have built relationships with most US key employers. We have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and ERP jobs are. Anderson Frank International Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency concerning this vacancy.
NetSuite, NGO, Accounting, GAAP, Audit, Nonprofit, Forecasting, Budgets, Cost Accounting, Certified Public Accountant, CPA
Certified Management Accountant
Certified Public Accountant