DescriptionAt PruittHealth Home Health, we’re committed to a lot of things.
But we’re especially committed to caring for our patients and residents, as well as providing our employees with a rewarding career as a member of our PruittHealth family.
That’s why we attract employees who are passionate about providing the highest quality level of care possible for our patients. We also attract people who are looking for a home, rather than just a job – where being part of a family at work is as important as the type of work they are doing. As a member of our team, you will also have access a progressive benefits program that reflects our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners.
Clinical Manager (Home Health) - Full-TimeLocation:
Office based in Union City, GA JOB PURPOSE:
The Clinical Manager (CM), under the supervision of the Administrator, provides clinical oversight over all patient care services and staff providing care treatment and services to patients of the agency on a daily basis. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Provide oversight coordinating referrals to the agency with internal and external referral sources.
- Screen patient referrals for appropriateness for admission.
- Evaluate the agency’s ability to meet the anticipated clinical needs of patients prior to accepting the admission.
- Provide oversight related to making patient and partner assignments.
- Assure the development, implementation, and updates of the patient’s individualized POC.
- Provide oversight regarding all aspects of coordination of patient care delivery.
- Assure that patient needs are continually assessed.
- Honor patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
- Maintain operations daily workflow by timely completion of tasks assigned to this role within the Home Care Home Based (HCHB) system.
- Utilize reporting capability for key indicators within HCHB and Strategic Healthcare Partner (SHP) to achieve desired outcomes for patients, billing and financial success.
- Collaborate with other key partners within organization to achieve agency clinical operational and financial success.
- Coach, mentor and serve as preceptor to clinical partners to achieve positive recruitment and retention objectives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Implement employee relations practices necessary to establish positive partner-partner relationships and promote a high level of partner morale.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of this job (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific or current risk of substantial harm to the health and safety of self and others.
- Work closely with assigned peer staff including but not limited to Scheduler(s) and Medical Record Specialist(s),
- Supervise all clinical staff providing direct patient care.
- Demonstrate flexibility, respond to change productively, and handle additional projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of all PHI within guidelines of “need to know.%22
- Carry out all duties with a “Commitment to Caring,” and in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations, and report violations to the appropriate supervisor.
- Must have timely, regular attendance.
- Must maintain positive and effective relationships with management, partners, and the general public.
- Keep supervisor informed of daily activities and issues. Propose solutions to all issues.
- Assist in providing orientation, ongoing training and mentoring to clinical staff.
- Provide timely corrective action as needed to ensure best practices and ongoing competencies are maintained for excellent patient care delivery.
- Demonstrate appropriate episode planning with the Episode Assessment Coordinator (EAC) to assure accuracy of HHRG scores upon admission and recertification, and that utilization standards are appropriate throughout the episode,
- Identify, complete, and follow up on performance improvement reports, including monitoring of infection control and opportunity occurrence reports,
- Remain an active participant in Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) initiatives as assigned.
- Make field visits as needed to evaluate appropriateness, determine eligibility for services, present services, and/or perform skilled services.
- Participate in administrative call rotation as requested.
- Prepare on-call rotation calendar; arrange back up staffing as required.
- Monitor agency patients who are hospitalized.
- Participate in all agency related Disaster Preparedness activities.
- Perform periodic chart reviews, clinical, and billing audits to ensure compliance with regulations, accreditation standards, and organization and agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations and Joint commission (JC) accreditation standards.
- Participate in staff development programs and in-service education sessions.
- Assist in providing education to staff, patient/patient families, referral sources, physicians, and other community groups.
- Complete competency assessments for clinical staff. Provide mentoring and timely corrective action as needed to correct identified areas for development.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- Two (2) years recent practical experience as an RN.
- One (1) year experience in home health required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Registered nurse, BSN.
- 4-5 years of recent nursing practical experience.
PruittHealth is an innovative, family-owned organization. We’re committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy and infusion services, and more.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Sep 6, 2019, 3:25:33 PM