Arlington Properties, a progressive and growing property management company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is seeking a Leasing Consultant. We pride ourselves on providing our residents with best-in-class service through impeccable property management and emphasis on resident relations. We are seeking a self-motivated, goal-oriented multifamily professional with proven success in sales and marketing to join our team; prior leasing and/or real estate sales experience is desirable, but not required. As the key liaison between management and our current and prospective residents, this individual must be personable, outgoing and service-oriented. If you are a results-driven professional who would enjoy this challenging role, we want to hear from you! Some weekend work is required.
Title: Leasing Consultant
Department: Property Management
Reports To: Community Manager
Job Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Leasing Consultant acts as the Company’s representative during interactions with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy and NOI, and is responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident and maintains communication throughout the tenancy of the resident.
- Develops positive rapport with current and prospective residents.
- Provides information about the apartments and the community to prospective residents and schedules visits to the community.
- Answers leads via telephone and internet, and greets visitors in person to determine whether the community meets the client’s qualifications.
- Responsible for maintaining an acceptable closing ratio.
- Effectively explains all community policies and lease terms to new and current residents.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares and assists with all leasing paperwork (applications, lease agreements and addenda, employment and credit checks, and leasing move-in packets.)
- Collects security deposits, rent and other funds associated with resident move-ins and tenancy.
- Supports overall marketing and advertising efforts; monitors advertising and effectiveness of results.
- Understands and complies with federal, state and local landlord-tenant and Fair Housing laws.
- Inspects amenities, common areas, and vacant apartments regularly to ensure that the are ready to show to prospective residents.
- Plans, coordinates, and attends resident relations functions and events.
- Assists the Community Manager in implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
- Drafts service requests and communicates them to the maintenance department as directed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Works effectively and efficiently under productivity deadlines; communicates professionally, respectfully, and courteously with supervisors, colleagues, vendors, and customers.
- Must be regular and predictable in attendance and available for weekend work.
Founded in 1969, Arlington Properties is a leading multifamily development, property management and construction firm. Though times change, we are steadfastly committed to operate every day by our motto: Integrity Uncompromised. It is the basis for how we define our company culture and it is as important to us today as it was in 1969.
Arlington is celebrating its 50th year in business and was recently recognized as one of Birmingham's Best Places to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal due to its strong culture and high level of employee engagement and satisfaction.
A high school diplomas or equivalent is required. A college degree or related coursework in sales, marketing, communications, or property management is desirable. Leasing or hospitality experience preferred. Customer service experience is desirable. Excellent communication and organization skills are necessary. Basic arithmetic skills and computer literacy are required.