Grow your influence and impact in a Premiere Indiana Employer just outside of Fort Wayne, IN. This incredible opportunity supports facility for a world-class Truck components manufacturer.
Distribution Supervisor - 3rd shift
Supervise hourly employees to achieve established customer service goals, productivity levels, safety requirements, product quality standards and good housekeeping goals. Ensure and promote safety, success, teamwork, and quality in the work environment. Identify problems and develop plans to continuously improve uses/processes of material, machines, and employee resources.
• Supervise and conduct daily shift meetings to keep employees aware of production levels, delivery performance, quality, overtime, upcoming events, etc. Track attendance, schedule vacations, ensures compliance to the employee handbook etc. Provide leadership and the discipline to assure a consistent application of the company rules and procedures.
• Manage daily staffing and output levels to meet or exceed planned productivity levels. Motivate, provide clear direction and set expectations for new and existing hourly and temporary personnel.
• Ensure that all hourly and temporary personnel have the training and cross training needed, tools required and are held accountable to set expectations. Coach team members in the areas of productivity, code of conduct, teamwork QPDS and provide any other assistance deemed necessary to meet the manufacturing team objectives.
• Manage the production of parts to meet or exceed production schedules and customer/design specification to be at or below planned customer concern and scraps levels. Participate in problem solving teams, utilizing 8D methodologies, to identify root cause and corrective actions to correct quality related issues, ensure any resulting corrective actions are implemented and sustained.
• Properly maintain shipments within TMS so that the Billing of Sales orders and (ASN) Automatic shipping Notices is completed in a timely manner.
• Follows customer shipping requirements and follows routing instructions listed on the customer's sales order.
Education and Training
Required: Academic: High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred: Academic: BA/BS Degree or Associates degree Major: Business Management or Engineering or the equivalent in practical experience and/or specialized training
Number of years required: 1 yr. Leadership/Supervisory role
Experience: 1-3 years of supervisor experience
Previous job experience required: Manufacturing and Supervisory experience, Familiarity with Quality systems and processes, Lean Manufacturing, Knowledge of OSHA and other safety regulations.
Equipment: Good Computer skills, Microsoft applications, Project Management skills
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran/Disability
Packaging And Labeling