The Operations Manager will be responsible for providing overall leadership and support all areas of production. This position is critical for the overall performance and continuous improvement focus. There must be a major focus to improve safety and quality, meeting plant performance metrics relative to AOP but also a strong emphasis to mentor and raise the overall skill level of our associates to strengthen our ability to support growth opportunities. Strong analytical and communication skills will be critical for the position to support continuous improvement efforts relative to OEE, TPM and SMED while also establishing a positive workplace culture.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily management of machining, secondary operators, tube form & solder, plating, assembly, packaging and wash & weigh.
- Daily leadership of the supervisory team to support growth initiatives and CI activities relative to SMED, TPM and OEE.
- Identify and drive TCP projects and CAPEX spend to plan to achieve plant performance.
- Determine current skill set gaps to properly support facility and create / deploy development plan to close gaps.
- Drive OEE improvements initiatives to improve overall plant performance.
- The ability to travel up to 15%
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Operations management
- Minimum 5 years of Management experience with Direct Reports.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience supporting production in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong strategic planning background
- Previous experience in the automotive and/or plumbing industry a plus.
- Previous experience with metal forming and high-volume assembly preferred
- Demonstrate successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and seeking out best practices
- Previous experience in automotive or plumbing industry with machining emphasis
- Utilization of analytical and lean tools drive improvement initiatives.
- Ability to teach and mentor others at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic planning with a focus on the utilization of A3 tools.
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility to find creative methods to solve problems.
- Overall strong communication skills to both listen and teach.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability and Experience developing strategic plans relative to production initiatives including.
- Ability to teach and leverage the resources available to accomplish initiatives.
- Robust understanding and use of equipment effectiveness analysis, capacity utilization for both equipment and labor resources along with TPM programs.
- Ability and experience deploying SMED, JIG markets and visual management.
- Proven experience improving the overall skill set of associates.
- Ability to read and interpret product, process and tooling prints to support efforts on process improvements.
- Ability to lead / facilitate cross functional teams to drive continuous improvement efforts at multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate and utilize problem solving skills to drive root cause.
Craft Your Career with Brasscraft Manufacturing Company!
Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), with sales revenue over $7 Billion, is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; BrassCraft®, Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; Milgard® windows and doors; and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders. For more information about Masco Corporation, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
Brasscraft Manufacturing Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality water and gas flow control products, plumbing service and repair parts, and drain cleaning and plumbing hand tools for the new construction and repair/remodel markets. Headquartered in Novi, Michigan, Brasscraft supports a wide array of channel partners including wholesalers, retailers and specialty dealers, who serve residential and commercial markets across the Americas. Brasscraft has set the plumbing standard for 70 years, with industry leading brands including BrassCraft®, Plumbshop®, and Cobra®.
BrassCraft Manufacturing CompanyShiftFull or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: URL blocked - click to apply
E-verify Right to Work Poster: URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Supply Chain Management