POSITION TITLE: Engineering Assistant
LOCATION: Cadiz, OH
REPORTS TO: Sr. Engineering and Compression Manager.
Reports to the Sr. Engineering and Compression Manager. This person will be responsible for the engineering process and maintaining schedules for all capital projects as well as all permit and testing requirements in the Utica Business Unit. Performs all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and government requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain schedules for capital construction projects with a focus on cost, quality, budget control and project delivery.
- Work with project managers, construction managers and department heads to establish milestone target dates and critical paths.
- Create, maintain, and distribute a weekly report regarding current and future critical tasks that are approaching or exceeding due dates.
- Coordinates with State Building Compliance and Fire Marshall office for Compression construction permits and testing
- Provides technical support for the Engineering Department including power point presentations and project schedules.
- Provides support for Engineering Department management including preparation of reports, arranging meetings with internal and external staff.
- Prepare and assemble project binders and presentations
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Handle assignments and projects with minimal supervision and complete within acceptable time standards.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years’ related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle.
- Knowledge of scheduling software, specifically Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of phases of construction and the impact of each phase on schedule.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience and skills to manage coordination of multiple projects from bid to in-service.
- Requires the ability to organize and drive project activities.
- Must be a hands-on team player, willing to travel locally.
- Current valid driver's license required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees.
- Residence within 50 miles of Cadiz, OH strongly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials and Equipment Used:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, phone, fax, copier, map printer/plotter and analytical electronic devices, buried pipe line locators and operate a motor vehicle.
Email: [ Email address blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply