Midwest Logistics Systems, LTD. (MLS) is looking for an ambitious Mobile Diesel Technician to perform on-site minor/moderate truck, container and trailer repairs. Some repairs will include tire changing, minor/moderate engine, electrical, hydraulic and accident repairs while utilizing our maintenance software to track the work performed. With MLS, you are part of a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities and a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity respect and excellence in all we do.About the Role:
- Repair or replace components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include roofs, panels and side posts, rail splice / replacement, door header and doors, sub-frames, floors, prop legs, landing gear, and accident repair. Accident repairs on trailers may include welding and complex component changes (frame rebuilds, etc). Some locations may require repair and replacement of lift gates, roll-up door, and congear.
- Inspect components including: loose tie rod ends, kingpins, wheel bearing, hood adjustment, and air ride height etc.
- Work safely outdoors in drop lots or on rail ramps.
- Communicate with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
As an associate, you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes a leading benefits package, including:
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Company-provided uniforms and safety equipment, including yearly boot reimbursement
- Strong training and mentorship
- Tool discount program
Ideal candidate will have:
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider:
- Technical degree, certificate or diploma in engines, diesel technology, electronics, related systems or a minimum of one to two years of industry experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet the MLS hiring criteria (includes annual DMV checks)
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certification and Brake Inspector Certification (Per Department of Transportation requirements)
- Annual DOT physical required, must meet MLS hiring criteria
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Be able to provide own tools within 30-60 days of hire (Shop leader will cover required tools)
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link http:schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.
- Cladding (Construction)