Since 1964, Teledyne Controls has been working closely with civil and military aircraft operators worldwide. The company counts over 300 airlines among its valued clients, including the world’s major carriers. We also work directly with the aircraft manufacturers, supplying products to the major OEMs, such as Airbus and Boeing. Fundamental to our success are our core values which include dedication to every employee and client’s success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships!
Our adaptable suite of products include Data Acquisition & Management Systems, Wireless Data Transfer Systems, Flight Data Analysis & Investigation Solutions, Data Loading Solutions, Aircraft Network Systems. Combined together, these products provide comprehensive data management solutions that leverage aircraft data intelligence and create value for our customers.
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization? Teledyne Controls is EveryWhereYouLook! and looking for the best available talent to support our growth.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Controls’ has an exciting opportunity as a Facilities Engineer in our Facilities, Security and Environmental, Health & Safety Group located in El Segundo, CA. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of all Teledyne Controls facilities in El Segundo, including building engineering, general maintenance, janitorial services, and cafeteria operations in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures, and in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Hands-on oversight of the facility Vendors/Subcontractors – identify, prioritize, schedule and assign work, adjust to accommodate shifting priorities and emergencies. Competency in government regulations, building code and ability to read architectural and engineering drawings.
- Preventative maintenance planning, on-going inspection and repair of building and building systems including but not limited to heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Maintain building and equipment maintenance records.
- Responsible for office and storage lease administration and interface and follow-up with Landlords and their representatives
- Responsible for the review and generation of recurring monthly office and storage lease payment check requisitions to landlords
- Contract, monitor, and oversee third-party vendors and/or contractors, including ensuring current Certificates of Insurance
- Manage the procurement and inventory of facilities’ material and records
- Budget oversight, process and approval of department expenses including cost containment (procurement visa cards and vendor invoices).
- Responsible for managing and responding to emergencies including natural disasters and accidents.
- Responsible for administration, services and maintenance of all company vehicles
- Responsible for the implementation and management of a comprehensive maintenance program covering the interior and the exterior of the buildings as required per lease agreements
- To respond promptly to requests for building maintenance, repairs, and cleaning needs
- To assist in providing information and reports necessary for the development of capital budgets/purchase of capital equipment for the facilities
- Bachelor's degree (BS) from a four-year college or university; at least four (4) to seven (7) years of related experience/training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office application tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Knowledge of all applicable company policies and procedures as well as all government regulations related to facilities.
- Throughly familiar with the management of contractors, vendor agreements and other building/facility related contracts, including lease agreements.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects at the same time while providing guidance and directions to ensure successful formulation and implementation of projects.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Teledyne Controls requires that new hires complete a satisfactory background check.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
Paid Sick Days
Credit Union Membership
A variety of Employee Discounts
Employee Wellness Program
Continuous Professional Development
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)