To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterloo, IA
- Samuel Knupp
- Phone: 5152734030
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Technical Support I
TEKsystems, Inc • Waterloo, IA
Posted 30 days ago
This position will be sitting in Waverly or Cedar Rapids, IA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for offering Level 1 support and technical assistance to users / customers who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to their computers. This position will provide immediate solutions when possible, assign issues to appropriate resources as needed, and give timely feedback to the customer.
- Provide advanced support per request; investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Apply operating system patches and upgrades on a regular basis; upgrade administrative tools and utilities; configure/create services as necessary
- Perform root cause analysis of problematic software and hardware. Document resolution(s)
- Work with 3rd party providers and corporate IT to fulfill software and hardware requirements for
- desktop PC and laptops
- Provide desktop hardware/software support both remotely via Team Viewer and in person
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize requests for assistance in the form of phone calls, e-mails, work
- orders and in-person requests from users experiencing problems with hardware, software,
- networking and other computer-related technologies
- Provide on-call support after hours on a rotating schedule
- Manage requests/resolutions in the tracking system
- Recreating escalated Desktop problems to define root cause, work with the helpdesk team to implement and document a solution.
- Evaluate equipment for disposition - repair, replace, salvage, or destruction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical or Associate degree or equivalent work experience required; B.S., B.A. or Microsoft certifications beneficial
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience as a Help Desk Analyst I/Technician I.
- Extensive knowledge of troubleshooting of operating systems, Windows 7 Pro & Windows 10 Pro (or above)
- Mid-level experience with Microsoft Office 365 & Active Directory Administration
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.