Responsible for the care and safety of the clients reading in the facility. Additionally, the Direct Care Staff will participate in individual and group training activities and function in a role like what would be expected of a parent. The Direct Care Staff must be able to receive specialized training and use that training in the day to day performance of their duties. The duties are of a high degree of responsibility and are performed under the supervision of the Team Leader Supervisor and the various professional staff working in the facility.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Protects the safety and welfare of the clients by providing supervision and training outlined on the Individual Program Plan.
2. Implements the assigned clients’ Active Treatment Schedule as written. Works with clients assigned.
3. Implements behavioral procedures when maladaptive behaviors occur.
4. Implements client training activities as outlined on the Individual Program Plan.
5. Assists clients to the extent necessary to maintain their rooms in an orderly manner.
6. Assures that clients are dressed appropriately for the time of day, activity and weather. The amount of assistance necessary will vary from client to client depending upon the level of independence of each client. Assuring means providing only that amount of assistance that is required for the task to be completed.
7. Accompanies and trains clients going outside the facility on planned outings, as assigned.
8. Attends in-service training which is required to maintain employment
9. Completes in-service training and demonstrate competence on the material for which the training is provided.
10. Implements, as trained, all data collection procedures. Protect and implement the rights of the clients.
11. Follows policies and procedures regarding employee conduct and dress code to ensure/protect the interests and safety of clients, coworkers, and professional staff.
12. Advises the Team Leader Supervisor of any needed supplies.
13. Correctly follows supply procedures of unit operations. Complete, as trained and assigned, routine duties of the client’s living unit to maintain it in a neat, clean and sanitary condition.
14. Gives written reports to the Team Leader Supervisor of client clothing needs and other special needs. Follow-up to assure that the request is answered. Report through the Team Leader Supervisor any change in the client’s condition. This should be done as soon as change is noted.
15. Follows-up to assure these changes are evaluated by medical or behavioral staff as appropriate.
16. Attends Interdisciplinary Team meetings and morning/afternoon Active Treatment Reports as assigned.
17. Implements health care techniques as trained, i.e., oral hygiene, bathing. Operate within the policies and procedures of the facility.
18. Operates within all State and Federal laws, as well as the ICF/MR Conditions of Participation.QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Direct Care Staff shall have at least a tenth (10) grade education. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
On the job training provided MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
None ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
High School diploma or equivalent
It is desirable that each Direct Care Staff have at least one of the following work experiences listed in preference: 1) One year employed in a similar position. 2) One year employed as a child care worker. 3). One year employed in a health service occupation.
CPR preferred Job:
2nd ShiftJob Posting:
Jan 29, 2020, 7:36:47 AM