To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3730 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89158
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cook - Convention/Banquets (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
It is the primary responsibility of the Cook to perform basic food preparation and operate a specific station with others or individually. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Transports supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Starts prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Prepares all menu items following recipes and yield guide.
- All requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Properly labels and dates all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Meets with Assistant Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Completes opening duties such as setting up work station with required place, tools, equipment and supplies, inspecting the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies, checking production schedule and pars, establishing priority items for the day and informing the Assistant Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
- Continues prep work after the meal period for the next meal service.
- Preforms all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 1 year of kitchen experience in a similar position.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.