To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bellview, FL 32526
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cybersecurity Engineer II-IV
Navy Federal Credit Union • Bellview, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Navy Federal's Cybersecurity Operations team is a dedicated group of information security experts committed to protecting the credit union from cyber-based threats. We have multiple openings for talented, experienced Cybersecurity Engineers who want to play a pivotal role in keeping our systems and information safe by designing, deploying, and maintaining our cybersecurity solutions.
You will report to the Cybersecurity Engineering supervisor and work closely with our incident response, vulnerability management, and intelligence teams; individual contributors; and vendors to support product integration, operations, and maintenance.
The Cybersecurity Operations team operates 24x7x365; you will work occasional after-hours support during maintenance windows and for escalated issues.
Join us and be part of a team that encourages personal development and promotes transparency and cross-team development.
• Provide engineering support and troubleshoot technical issues:
o Develop monitoring and performance metrics to maximize efficiency.
o Work with internal security teams and vendors to set up security controls to protect against security breaches.
o Evaluate security vulnerabilities and recommend solutions.
o Stay current in industry standards for information security engineering technologies, concepts, and trends.
• Have a working knowledge of detection and alert tools, including:
o Network Intrusion Prevention Systems
o Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems
o Dynamic Malware Detection
o Data Loss Prevention
o File Integrity Monitoring
o Network Behavior Anomaly Detection
o Web Proxy and Reverse Proxy
o Web Application Firewall
o Security Information and Event Management
o Enterprise Anti-Virus
o Enterprise Endpoint Forensics
o Netflow Collection
o Full Packet Capture
o Enterprise Logging and Search
• Collaborate with the technical writer to create and update engineering documentation, including policies, standard operating procedures, and troubleshooting articles.
• Collaborate with internal security teams and vendors to implement security controls that protect the Navy Federal brand from confirmed or potential security breaches.
• Adhere to internal processes and procedures to support the engineering function.
• Participate and lead teams to accomplish projects of varying scope.
• Ability to take direction from management and lead engineers
• Ability to work in a team to achieve organizational goals
• Ability to develop systems and capabilities based on stakeholder requirements
• Effective organizational, planning, and time-management skills
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective use of sound systems engineering principles and practices
• Experience with common operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows)
• Experience troubleshooting computer networks
• Intermediate to advanced experience designing, troubleshooting and maintaining computer networks (CCNA, CCNP)
• Intermediate to advanced experience with virtualization technologies
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of common computer network protocols (DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, FTP, LDAP, DHCP)
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge supporting Security Event Information Management systems
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of automation technologies
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Powershell)
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure and the implementation and use of certificates.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of one or more commonly used cybersecurity technologies (IPS/IDS, HIPS, EDR, Proxy)
Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability