Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Market Sales Director role defines the local go-to market strategy and leads the local sales team in delivering on that strategy to best meet our membership needs while outpacing the competition in overall growth. This candidate must have a proven track record of sales experience.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from the state of Louisiana, or within 25 miles of the Louisiana border, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for driving Medicare sales growth and growing relationships with agencies that sell our products
- Develop and implement the sales strategy to exceed revenue targets, including the demand generation plan and sales process for both our direct and partner channels
- Manage all aspects of new strategic account development: prospecting, consultation, building strategic alliances, compelling proposals, relationship management and closing opportunities
- Ensures membership goals are met, primarily through the acquisition of new members - but also through effectively and efficiently managing sales related member migration/retention programs in a market
- Manages the acquisition cost, investment and spend by appropriately allocating and managing costs associated with staff, marketing and community programs.
- Proactively develop and execute strategic and comprehensive sales business plan for market to achieve/exceed sales goal
- Build and maintain a best-in-class sales team by recruiting, training, motivating and developing the right talent
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
- Partner with local marketing teams to maximize local sales leads that complement national brand and growth initiatives
- Collaboration and relationship building with all channels including key account agencies in their markets
- Apply CMS regulations and standards
- Create High Performing Teams: provides clarity to team processes, roles, skills and deliverables. Evaluates and debriefs team performance. Provides feedback and support. Monitors and guides team deliverables
- Assuring Results: keeps team motivated and on task for achieving goals and targets. Regularly reviews performance against measures. Holds themselves and the team accountable for achieving results
- Collaborating: works collaboratively by building trust with the team and key partners. Looks for opportunities to gain commitment to growth. Practices consistency, reliability and dependability with commitments
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Health & life insurance license must be obtained and maintained as required by state law
- 8+ years of sales/business development experience
- 3+ years of sales team management experience
- Proven success exceeding company assigned quotas
- Travel up to 75% of time within assigned sales territory
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Sales Force
- Solid problem-solving skills and time management
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $90,000 to $175,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sales, Director, Medicare, agent manager, broker, sales leader, sales manager, DSNP, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home