Ascension at Home - Together with Compassus Associates: Please apply via Workday
The Director of Clinical Services - Home Health directs and manages the interdisciplinary team in meeting the needs of the home health patient and family in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies of Compassus. S/he communicates patient information to the business office and promotes a positive working relationship with the family, physician, and other agencies. May serve as Program’s Alternate Administrator, responsible for carrying out administrative and management functions and oversight in the absence of the Executive Director/Administrator. May carry caseload due to ebb and flow of patient census.
- Supports corporate policies, goals and objectives.
- Establishes departmental goals consistent with corporate goals and objectives.
- Promotes a positive working relationship between corporate and agency personnel.
- Facilitates appropriate upward and downward communication.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to appropriate administrator.
- Promotes staff development and professionalism.
- Implements corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Oversees Case Managers’ direction of patient care activities.
- Conducts interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Oversees the Case Manager’s development of the plan of care in accordance with home health philosophy.
- Supervises patient and family care as specified by the plan of care, assessing appropriateness, continuity, service, and quality of care.
- Oversees the Case Manager’s consultation with the medical director regarding attending physician orders and patient needs, as related to the plan of care.
- Oversees to ensure that patient’s re-certifications are discussed and completed in a timely manner.
- Manages all members of the IDT: scheduling, productivity, mentoring and monitoring, 1x1’s, pay practices and timekeeping, and expense reports.
- Communicates patient status information to the business office.
- Oversees that Case Manager orders the correct equipment, supplies, and medications and that the program is billed appropriately.
- Oversees the communication of patient information (admissions, deaths, respites, changes in level of care, etc.) via CareVoyant/EMR.
- Promotes positive working relationship with family, physician, and other facilities.
- Oversees the communication with the attending physician to ensure continuity and quality of care.
- Oversees and ensures that Case Manager or discipline notifies all appropriate parties (IDT, physician, pharmacy, DME, etc.) of condition change.
- Oversee the management of medication changes.
- Makes marketing visits and provides in-services to all referral sources, as appropriate.
- May have RN Case Manager responsibilities.
- Participates in on-call duty as needed or as back up to on-call nurse, performs patient admissions and visits as needed.
- May carry caseload due to patient census ebb and flow.
- Regular attendance is an essential function.
- Make or delegate post-admissions calls.
- Other duties as assigned or performed.
Directly supervises up to 30 colleagues. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and terminating (with administrative approval) all interdisciplinary staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Acts as Executive Director as needed to cover absences. Ensures maximum utilization of resources. Promotes a positive and collaborative culture.
- Leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education and/or Experience
- Licensure as RN, PT, OT, or SW is required:
- Registered Nurse in the State and be a graduate of an approved school of professional nursing; or
- Physical Therapist in the State; or
- Occupational Therapist in the State; or
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree and Social Worker licensure in the State.
- One (1) year of home health care experience.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
A valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance. Current Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, or Social Work State Licensure as required and current CPR certification.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Coaching And Mentoring