To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wallingford, CT 06492
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Dexmet Corporation • Wallingford, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Located in Wallingford, CT, Dexmet Corporation manufactures precision expanded metals, foils and polymers with exacting mechanical and electrical properties to meet very tight conductivity, weight and dimensional tolerances.
About this Position:
Plans, designs, programs, troubleshoots and implements the use of electronics and electrical components throughout the plant. The Electrical Engineer (EE) supports manufacturing operations by providing recommendations for efficient and economical methods to produce products to exacting client specifications. This includes designing, developing, and implementing the use of required electronics, programmable controls, machinery, tooling, test equipment and process documentation. Electrical Engineer must also deal with outside vendors regarding the purchase of equipment.
- Initiates automation design concepts and maintains close feedback with manufacturing engineers, shop floor personnel, management and related vendors;
- Develops all aspects of control systems for industrial automation. Possess in-depth knowledge of industry standards in system design. Implements and installs PLC-based hardware and software;
- Troubleshoots electrical component problems; implements corrections, repairs, and process improvements when and where appropriate;
- Ensures the most economical production of parts through the recommendation of equipment and electrical / computerized control systems to produce high quality parts and products;
- Acts as Project Manager for assigned equipment design projects, including build and installation; Prepare necessary documentation for capital equipment requirements and projects;
- Builds relationships with all levels of manufacturing personnel as well as all levels of management;
- Troubleshoots and corrects manufacturing processes and procedures to improve quality, productivity, and / or improve process capabilities;
- Provide technical support dealing with difficult production problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 + years in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, symbols and electrical schematics based on military and commercial specifications.
- Fully competent in developing ladder logic and efficient programs for PLCs from various manufacturers, including Automation Direct, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron, and others.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad, Solidworks, or other CAD software applications to prepare both mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to manage engineering projects.
- Strong math background including trigonometry and geometry.
- Ability to utilize MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access effectively to collect and communicate information professionally;
- Ability to research, understand and implement new technologies for possible cost savings and process improvements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a team-based environment.
- Ability to perform hands-on shop and design work.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some of the work will require exposure to loud noises or fumes in the plant facility.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Dexmet Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V