Information TechnologyPOSITION PURPOSE
Leads the quality assurance automated testing practice in support of the software development lifecycle. Reviews, evaluates, designs, develops, and implements automated tests and associated frameworks for company's applications and solutions. Collaborates closely with Software Engineers to thoroughly understand application specifications, design, and architecture decisions as they pertain to quality assurance objectives.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Leads automated quality assurance test development efforts enterprise wide with ownership of high-level reviews of applications and architecture with the rest of the development group.
- Heads development of enterprise automated quality assurance software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, design, architecture, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Supports, develops and code reviews with software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Learns and understands complex business problems and designs innovative, cost effective, and supportable solutions
- Defines programming standards and best practices for automated testing. Ensures production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards are adhered to; identifying work process improvements; able to quickly implement new technology.
- Collaborates with business departmental management to participate in the creation of roadmaps for applications, defining quality assurance automation development plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation. Helps to establish proper governance for key applications and processes.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Serves as a liaison with network engineers, systems engineers, vendors, customers, and software engineers to assist in resolving quality problems with software products or company software systems.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art automated quality assurance development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing the development of automated tests and quality issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of professional software quality assurance automation development experience
- 2+ years of professional software quality assurance manual testing
- Proficiency in the following technologies/concepts
- Deep understanding of quality assurance test automation standards, relevant tools/frameworks/software, best practices, objectives, development, implementation, execution, and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to research, propose, design, implement, own, document, support, and operate tools/frameworks/software needed to facilitate the mission of automated quality assurance testing
- Prior experience devising, developing, implementing, and executing automated testing for:
- Web applications (full stack)
- Apple Swift applications
- Android applications
- Data integrity
- Programming Languages/Tools/Frameworks/Libraries
- Locust or equivalent for behavioral-driven testing
- Behave or equivalent load-testing suite
- Selenium or equivalent front-end testing suite
- Katalon or equivalent API testing suite
- General backend and data validation
- C#.NET and Python
- REST API
- Software quality assurance best practices
- Understanding of and experience with version control best practices
- Manual quality assurance testing (as needed)
- Excels at championing agile (Scrum & Kanban) development and software engineering best practices
- Prior experience developing and implementing automated testing for applications built on cloud-native technologies in Amazon Web Services
- Proficient in DevOps related practices and technologies including but not limited to automated software validation and deployment technologies and techniques
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Studies or related area.
- Proficiency in the following technologies/concepts as they pertain to automated QA testing
- Azure DevOps and Git
- Entity Framework and/or SQLAlchemy
- MS SQL and/or PostgreSQL
- React and TypeScript
- Apple Swift Development (Xcode, SwiftUI, and UIKit)
- Android Development
- Understanding of and experience with SDLC best practices
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate and present information.REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.DECISION MAKING
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be of moderate cost.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to talk or hear up to 35% of the time.
- Able to sit over 70% of the time.
- Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically, this role not exposed to extreme environmental conditions. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight stays.Equal Opportunity Employment and Disability Accommodations
Republic Airways is committed to achieving a diverse workforce by providing equal employment opportunities to all Associates and applicants, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to providing applicants and Associates reasonable accommodation to enable the individual to perform the essential duties of the job. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Apple Xcode