To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North River, ND 58102
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Intern (Aug - Dec)
Doosan Bobcat NA • North River, ND
Posted 4 days ago
Surround yourself with ingenuity. Bobcat design, prototype and test capabilities are state-of-the-art. In fact, few facilities in the world can match the variety of Bobcat’s prototyping and testing. As a result, most of your work will involve hydraulics, electronics, measurements, programming, automating and/or designing systems and structures.
Role & Responsibility
- Product Improvement / Development:
- Develop new and modify existing parts using Creo
- Modify and update Engineering drawings
- Prepare Engineering Change Notices and Bill of Materials
- Assist in prototype builds in the Bobcat lab
- Participate in Design Reviews
- Utilize Ansys to conduct Finite Element Analysis studies
- Developing, analyzing, and utilizing Quality data to drive improvement activities
- Design of specialized production machines, tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Analyze data to aid in the selection and improvement of manufacturing processes
- Develop and build electrical simulators
- Develop schematics for systems
- Determine root cause for electrical quality issues
- Record and analyze data
- Support the development of embedded software for control of Bobcat Hydro-electrical systems
- Become familiar with Bobcat software development processes for coding, modeling and testing
- Interface with all other Bobcat departments to develop solutions to problems.
These are a few examples of wide variety of projects that will prepare you for a productive career in engineering.
- Education Required: Pursuing Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Jr. or Sr. standing
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Knowledge of drafting software a plus (ProE preferred or Solid Works)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience a plus (farm, mechanic, hobby carpentry, etc.)
- Project management skills a plus
- Be able to commit to Bobcat for the entire term of the internship (3-4 months) and be able to work 12-20 hours per week while attending school in the Fargo, ND / Moorhead, MN area
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.