As an Intern, you will be able to:
- Get hands-on experience
- Have an understanding of how we operate and why we follow specific procedures
- See how teams functions work
- Observe different management styles
As a Data Management Intern, you will be responsible for assisting the School Specialty Data Management team with day-to-day support and issues with item and/or pricing data maintenance. You will assist with processing, analyzing issues, auditing and reporting on item and pricing data. The types of data may include, but are not limited to, item, bill of material, engineering change order, web / e-commerce, and/or pricing. You will be accountable to ensure data requirements are met and that functionality is maintained.
Summary of essential job functions
- Review of data to ensure requirements are met
- Processing of data into the operating system or master data management system utilizing the appropriate system tools and processes
- Communicating issues and/or resulting information to applicable associates, management, and business units as necessary
- Auditing of system data to ensure functionality and requirements are met and report on results as required
- Providing data management support to business users
- Monitoring and processing queue of requests
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis, business or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and technologies through both formal and on-the-job self training
Perform Statistical Analysis
Business Process Improvement
Provide Analytic Consultation