To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shawnee, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bilingual Universal Banker I
Bank of Labor • Shawnee, KS
Posted 1 month ago
Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled & Vets
Hourly Rate: $16.71
Alternating Shifts: Monday-Friday 9:45am-6:15pm/Sat. Off and M, T, Th., Fri. 9:45am-6:15pm/Sat. 7:15am-1:15pm/Wed. Off
REQUIREMENT: Spanish bilingual skill set required. Candidate must pass a Spanish Bilingual Assessment & interview to qualify for position.
INCENTIVE PAY: In addition to $16.71/hourly, incentive pay available if candidate passes assessment with 80% score.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / EXPECTATIONS:
Job Performance Behaviors: Contributing to organization success, job effectiveness, relationships and customer satisfaction.
As Substitute Teller this individual assists in the daily operation of the facility; maintains compliance with security policies and procedures of the bank. The employee provides service to clients by accepting deposits, verifying cash and issuing receipts for checking and savings accounts. In addition, the teller cashes checks by verifying endorsements, obtaining approvals for cash transactions and referring clients to supervisor, manager or officer when appropriate. This position also performs other teller duties such as accepting loan and utility payments, issuing official checks and money orders, selling traveler’s checks, processing cash advances on credit cards and redeeming savings bonds. This individual prepares individual daily settlements of teller cash and proof transactions.
As Substitute Personal Banker assists clients and branch personnel, by opening and processing various types of accounts: Consults with clients regarding specific deposit account needs; Quotes rates, service charges, restrictions and other relevant information about the accounts; Prepares paperwork for opening new accounts; Prepares forms to initiate direct deposits, wire transfers and purchase of new EE bonds; Prepares necessary paperwork required for account maintenance; Responds to client inquiries regarding account status, researches problems with accounts and resolves error whenever needed. Has a thorough understanding of all retail loan and value added products. Will accept loan applications, communicate loan decisions and close all consumer loan products except those secured by Real Estate. Provides account verification on information received from various sources when properly authorized by client. Capitalizes on opportunities to cross-sell additional bank services (Trust, Investments, and Loans) and makes referrals to appropriate department. Responds to client inquiries regarding account status, researches problems with accounts and resolves error whenever needed.
Maintains a high degree of accuracy on all documentation, high proving percentage and low difference.
Under direct supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the successful candidate performs a variety of duties ensuring the smooth operation in the Retail area. These responsibilities include performing numerous activities associated with the teller and personal banking functions. The employee’s work influences the professional image of the Bank within the community it serves.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to prepare or interpret detailed written materials and/or perform detailed mathematical functions.
- Specialized training in basic principles or techniques in specific areas such as, customer service, personal computers, teller/personal banking is necessary.
- Minimum educational requirement includes a high school degree or equivalent with prior sales and customer service experience in a retail banking environment; a college degree is preferred. Previous background in direct sales and a proven track record in a sales goal/ incentive environment will enhance the performance of this job.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal communications, verbal and written, is mandatory. This position requires daily interaction with employees, clients and vendors; concise communication, translation and interpretation of various concepts are critical.
- Proficiency in the Spanish/English languages required (verbal, intercommunications, written, etc.)
- A thorough knowledge of the procedures and polices related to the smooth functioning of the teller, personal banking, overdraft protection/safe deposit area and a working knowledge of the on-line computer system for information retrieval by using a CRT or teller terminal is necessary.
- Employee should have an understanding of compliance with Federal & State laws governing teller, personal banking, and overdraft protection/safe deposit areas.
- Attention to detail required.
- Previous demonstrated ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- May required registration on the federal Nation-wide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) Registry