To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mansfield, MA
- Rachel Oh
- Phone: 7813566907
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Cost Accountant
Aston Carter • Mansfield, MA
Posted 1 month ago
The Senior Cost Accountant will offer financial leadership to a manufacturing facility. This position will be highly visible within the organization and reporting directly to the Controller. The Senior Cost Accountant will handle overseeing the daily/weekly/monthly activities around work order review and closure, developing standard costs, and analyzing/ forecasting manufacturing variances. The ideal candidate will partner with manufacturing supervisors to help drive efficiency in the overall production process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee the day-to-day management of accounting activities related to work orders.
* Assist Controller in driving the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes.
* Assist in the preparation of the standard monthly management reports. Perform detailed monthly variance analysis impacting the P&L on items in the P+L and balance sheet.
* Lead the accounting team in developing explanations on work order variances, whether they be due to operational, quality, or downtime instances.
* Participate in the monthly financial close process for the local ledger, including preparation of the monthly journal entries, Account reconciliations and analysis on general ledger account balances.
* Support financial compliance requirements, including the SOX 404 program and internal and external audits (US GAAP and statutory, as appropriate).
* Take the functional lead in development and rolling of standard costs, through cumulative work order variance and purchase price variance analyses.
* Other tasks and projects, as assigned.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.