To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) • US-Nationwide
Posted 1 month ago
The DBS/EHS Leader is responsible for training and implementation of DBS (Danaher Business Systems) through the utilization of kaizens and total associate involvement. They are responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvement activities to reduce cost, improve quality/productivity and standardize work processes. In addition, this position is responsible for the site EHS and Safety program. They will proactively identify safety issues and unsafe hazards.
• Drive targeted, sustainable improvement that is tied to Policy Deployment (PD) and Daily Management (DM) by leveraging DBS tools, consulting skills, and change management process.
• Cultivate a continuous improvement culture by establishing a commitment to elimination of waste thru leading kaizen events and the kaizen process (includes (1) planning of kaizen with dynamic funnel process tied to PD and Daily Management, (2) kaizen execution and (3) sustainment of kaizen.
• Assist XOS Leadership in the development of a Growth and Operations improvement roadmap (i.e., how to use the DBS tools to drive sustainable improvement in results).
• Become master black belt in primary DBS disciplines in the arena of operations (5S and TPI).
• Improve DBS training and facilitation skills by pursuing Certified Practitioner certification in appropriate DBS tools and provide training of DBS tools to all associates.
• Drive targeted, sustainable improvement SQDIP (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity).
• Integrate the ISO Quality Process into the DBS process.
• Create site specific Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs in compliance with OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
• Develop and implement audits to track and identify gaps in local compliance with Danaher’s policies and procedures
• Conduct monthly safety inspection and lead the Safety Committee as well as team meetings
• Maintain a building/floor list of employees for roll call during evacuations
• Verifies that hazardous chemicals are handled, stored and disposed of in accordance with regulations.
• Develops EHS training programs. Conducts annual refresher training to all employees in the area of EHS, ergonomics and other required aspects through material development, schedule coordination, training data tracking, etc. within regulatory requirements.
• Maintains OSHA compliance and provides technical guidance to management, government agencies, and regarding health-related problems and correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Critical Success Factors:
• Ability to self-manage time and projects
• Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
• Technical, Analytical skills and Business knowledge
• Superior written and oral communication skills, including active listening skills
• Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience within a lean manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated proficiency applying lean principles in variety of situations.
• Ability to analyze business process and present best fit solutions to management for continuous improvement.
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations, policies, programs, PPE, safety engineering, accident/injury investigation procedures and operating rules, etc.
• Exposure to and participation in a variety of training environments preferred
• Independence and good judgment, positive attitude, and an innovative spirit
• Ability to provide dynamic, participant-centered training
• Effective coaching and mentoring skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Business, Supply chain, Engineering, other technical degree preferred.
Danaher Corporation Overview