ATTENTION EXPERIENCED REEFER TECHNICIANS: If you want to build a stable career with an industry leader that provides:
- A safe, clean, and organized shop,
- Free uniform and laundry service, including jackets,
- Reimbursement for boots and safety glasses (including prescriptions safety glasses),
- Annual safety bonuses, and
- Generous employee referral bonuses...
C.R. England has an amazing career opportunity for you! We are growing and offering qualified and experienced new hires a $5,000 signing bonus paid during the first year of employment. Apply now while openings last!
(Some restrictions may apply. Signing bonus may not be available to all candidates. Manager or recruiter can provide additional details.)
Why work for C.R. England?
- Great Company!
- You will join a 99+ year-old industry leader who is growing and promotes from within
- We have grown 100% in the last decade, and we continue growing as we enter our second century of operation.
- We are a 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for being one of the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in the United States
- We promote from within and believe in investing in and developing our people
- Great Compensation & Benefits!
- You will get a highly competitive compensation package that includes:
- Weekly pay, vacation, a floating holiday, medical, dental, life, vision, 401K, and more
- Free uniform and laundry service, including jackets
- Reimbursement for boots and safety glasses (including prescriptions safety glasses)
- Annual safety bonuses
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Great Facilities!
- You will work in safe, clean, and organized facilities that have:
- Tractor lifts.
- T-8 lighting throughout all bays and isles.
- Locker rooms w/ showers.
- Break rooms.
- Bulk fluid delivery systems available to all repair bays.
- Clean DPF’s with FSX Machines (we clean our own).
- Open parts rooms.
- Great Equipment!
- You will work with state-of-the-art equipment including:
- Our tractor fleet of 4,000+ Daimlers consisting of:
- Cascadia tractors with DD15’s and DT-12 automated transmissions.
- Western Stars with DD15’s and DT-12 automated transmissions.
- Our fleet of 8,800 trailers consisting of:
- Utility and Wabash trailers.
- Thermo King and Carrier refrigerated units.
- TempStack intermodal containers.
- Dry Van Trailers with Dura-Plate.
- Our generous tool supply, laptops, and diagnostic software.
- Great Career Path!
- You will build your career through our paid training programs:
- Personal and professional development through C.R. England University.
- Safety training.
- OE supported training.
- Self-paced on-line training.
- Leader led training.
- Hands-on training.
- Career Path Planning and Individual Development Plans.
Job requirements may include, but not be limited to:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform preventative maintenance and repairs on refrigeration units and trailers, minor repairs on door seals, hardware, electrical, mud flaps, routine telematics repairs, and minor body work
- Work outdoors from a service truck to safely perform required inspection and repairs
- Inspect and repair components, including refrigeration unit for missing or loose body parts, loose belts, oil leaks/level, coolant leaks/level, perform a pre-trip diagnostic, fuel tank and brackets, and reefer shoot/bulkhead
- Read and follow electrical schematics and other technical literature
- Utilize computer system (Mechanic’s Work Station/TMT/TMW and internet) to accurately create, track, and complete work orders, including charging out parts, completing labor lines accurately, and describing the repairs completed
- Estimate required repair times
- Communicate with internal clients (i.e. other shop associates, Drivers, Driver Managers, other maintenance shops) on stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates
- Be willing and able to assist other technicians with reefer and trailer repairs
- Perform proper safety protocols and procedures, including use of protective equipment, and maintain a safe work area in accordance with company policy
- Ability to diagnose and repair unit per alarm codes
- Other duties as assigned
Job qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Must be.
- Technical reading aptitude (i.e. electronic service bulletins; repair manuals).
- Basic soldering/welding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge relative to the importance of diagnosis and repair versus parts replacement.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to provide own tools.
- A High School Diploma, or GED is required
- A minimum of two years prior experience in Mechanical Refrigeration field, or an equivalent combination of formal/technical education and directly related experience is required
- 608 certification is required
- Successful candidates must be18 years of age or older, with a valid driver’s license
- Experience with Thermo King product is preferred
- Class A License is preferred