Benefits & Compensation Analyst
The Benefits & Compensation Analyst reports to the Manager of Benefits with a dotted line to the Compensation Manager. The Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day administration of Thresholds employee group benefit and compensation plans. The Analyst provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of benefits and compensation programs. The Analyst will assist in the monitoring and maintenance of the compensation and benefits plans, policies, and structures to ensure they continue to support Thresholds’ business strategy and remain competitive, cost effective, and legally compliant. The Analyst will also take a lead role in reporting benefits and compensation metrics for the department, as well as the agency as a whole.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer Threshold’s benefits plans and programs in accordance with plan documents, insurance contracts, vendor agreements and applicable federal, state and local regulations
- Function as a liaison between vendors and employees and advise employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters
- Support leave of absence processes including tracking and administration of FMLA and ADA
- Work with the benefits team to develop SOPs and implement training programs for supervisors covering topics such as FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Review and resolve data feed discrepancies through monitoring of vendor error reports
- Assists with the annual benefits renewal process, including the coordination of Thresholds annual open enrollment process, communication, and vendor data feeds.
- Participates in all benefits related audits.
- Backup for: conducting new staff orientation (NSO); reconciliation of monthly benefits invoices
- In collaboration with the Benefits team, build, develop and launch benefit related data and tools in the HRIS System.
- In collaboration with the benefits manager, review health and welfare plans, retirement plan compliance, documentation and special projects.
- Assists with position description updates and job classification process to ensure consistency throughout Thresholds. Participates in the benchmarking of all job descriptions.
- Aids in the evaluation and analyzation of salary data, determination of pay grades for new or existing jobs including market pricing.
- Participates in compensation surveys.
- Assist in the preparation of salary quotes for new hires, promotions, transfers, and other compensation actions.
- Review job evaluations to ensure accurate and complete job descriptions for all Agency positions. Determine job classification when job descriptions are newly created, including FLSA, EEOC, salary grade, etc.
- Work with the Compensation Manager to develop and implement training programs for supervisors related to compensation regulations such as FLSA or the salary quote process.
- Participate in the development of a Compensation / Salary Administration plan design and the implementation of the HRIS Compensation Management module
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for completing the Talent Management annual report and leading the submission process of the 101 Best and Brightest application. Provide support for other similar reporting and activities, such as the Chicago Tribune Top 100 Places to work.
- Project Lead for completing/organizing quarterly and annual talent metrics for the entire Talent Management Department and compiling year over year data.
- In collaboration with the HRIS Administrator, develop, improve, and refine BI reports in the HRIS system.
- Develop effective analytics and metrics to influence program direction and monitor business impact and effectiveness.
- In collaboration with Talent Acquisition, complete applications, re-applications, and other activities related to the National Health Service Corps.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Provide support in developing Talent Management related Marketing materials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance or related field preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in HR, specifically with compensation, benefits, HRIS, and reporting.
- Strong analytical, research, communication and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Word and Advanced Excel skills required.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work).
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negotiable amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, expansive reading, visual inspection.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, make fine discriminations in sound.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: BENEF03446
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Established in 1959, Thresholds provides healthcare, housing, and hope for thousands of persons with mental illnesses in Illinois each year. Through care, employment, advocacy, and housing, Thresholds assists and inspires people with mental illnesses to reclaim their lives.
View the full profile
Thresholds is one of the oldest and largest providers of recovery services for persons with mental illnesses in Illinois. We reject the notion that anyone is a lost cause, utilizing evidence-based practices and a wide range of supports to treat the whole person, rather than just the disease.
We offer 30 innovative programs at more than 90 locations throughout Chicago, the adjacent suburbs, and McHenry and Kankakee Counties. Services include assertive outreach, case management, housing, employment, education, psychiatry, primary care, substance abuse treatment, and research. Last year, Thresholds served more than 7,100 adults and youth, with 75% of services delivered out in the community, representing more than 400,000 hours of care.