To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- MONTGOMRY VLG, MD 20877
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Project Manager - Financial Systems
EchoStar Corporation • MONTGOMRY VLG, MD
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
We are seeking a Project Manager who will be responsible for the project management of our multiple financial systems initiative.
This role is based at our Hughes headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD and will report to the Director of Financial Systems who reports to the SVP and Corporate Controller. This role will be a close partner with the rest of the financial systems team, the accounting team, our shared services team as well as Finance and IT. Additionally, and just as importantly, in order for us to be successful, this role must also be a close partner who can successfully interact with the other teams – Executive Team, Operations, Internal Audit, and Subsidiary Management teams to name a few – in order to understand their strategy, concerns and issues to ensure that we are appropriately planning and executing against our financial systems roadmap.
They must be able to take initiative, get the job done with little or no direction and be able drive significant value and change into the business – company-wide.
- Coordinates and directs activities of cross-functional team members for the completion of project deliverables.
- Develops and manages schedules for the generation of project deliverables, reports and other work products.
- Notifies Program Leadership of deviations from project timelines and proposes revisions or corrective actions
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate, summarize and communicate project activities to internal and external teams
- Communicates and interacts with Project team members regarding project requirements deliverables, and updates on relevant issues.
- Create and administer weekly status reports outlining summary of assigned tasks, status updates, and resource needs.
- Manages periodic updates of project Risks, Actions, Issues, and Decisions (RAID) log and incorporates into weekly project stewardship report.
- Evaluates criticality of project risks and issues and escalates to management as appropriate.
- Prepares, reviews, and/or approves required project materials and deliverables and verifies that deliverables meet applicable project requirements
- Develops, oversees or participates in project budget and/or resource allocation management activities including short and long-term staffing plans and staffing assignments
- Incorporates effective change and risk management control practices into project methods and tools
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a technical field
- 8 + years of related IT and business/industry work experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3 + years of supervisor/management experience
- 3+ years progressive project management and Business Systems applications experience.
- Experience managing projects.
- Collaborative, results-oriented and proven leader in the IT arena with solid IT management experience and breadth of experience across IT functions.
- Knowledge and expertise in project management, program management methodologies and tools.
- Proven skills and experience delivering, managing and controlling large projects
- Experience of a range of technologies, preferrably: SAP, Datawarehouse solutions, Hyperion, Workday, and other enterprise level packaged software that supports business processes in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Tax, HR, Audit/Compliance, Manufacturing, and Facilities)
- Mentor and Manage Project team members to follow good project practices and principles.
- Strong skills in prioritization, organization, problem solving, decision-making, time management, mentoring and planning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.