Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for a Cost Estimator for our location in Fort Meade, MD.
The Cost Estimator will integrate tightly into a Government team where the individual staff members are all expert in their subject areas. This position requires a cost analyst/estimator who can develop, evaluate, and analyze cost models, estimates, budgets, spend plans, business cases, and performance metrics for the client's projects and initiatives, quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities, identify and help develop integration between various efforts; experienced in identifying the customer base from which to gather clear, concise requirements and legacy costs, and can provide tactical and strategic analysis of changes to be considered on activity prioritization and impact on other Government work priorities.
The cost estimator, closely integrated with the Government financial/budget counterparts, will have primary ownership of the project deliverables and will monitor cost, schedule, and performance using tools like Microsoft Excel, Project, the ACEIT Suite, and other analytical software tools and have daily interactions with subject matter experts, schedulers, and program acquisition managers and will provide day-to-day updates to the project team. They will be responsible for developing the detailed work breakdown structure and developing the cost estimate against that structure.
This work is expected to be accomplished from a Fort Meade, MD Government location or contractor facility with potential infrequent local travel to a Virginia Government location.
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET CLEARANCE ; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.
- Demonstrated expertise with cost estimating tools such as the Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT) suite
- Demonstrated expertise developing comprehensive costs estimates on large programs in excess of $100M per year
- Understanding of various cost estimating methodologies and the correct application of those methodologies
- Knowledge of Defense Working Capital Fund and experience developing cost estimates to move programs to cost recovery
- Experience in reviewing and validating cost estimates identifying potential shortfalls in the WBS/funding structure
- Understanding of how Will Cost and Should Cost are implemented and used in the DoD
- 3+ years of experience with cost estimation
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to critically assess data and communicate priority findings to teams
- Ability to work with multi-stakeholder, technical, and matrixed organizational environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage client and team relationships
- International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA) Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst (CCE/A) Certification a plus
- Experience performing cost estimates on services/programs transitioning into Cloud such as AWS
- Experience with supporting programs and contracts within the DoD
- Experience with RS Means, Crystal Ball or other cost estimating software
- Experience working with diverse teams of contractors
- Experience with DoD acquisition and support of major milestones
- Experience in performing statistical regression analysis, learning curve analysis and other data analyses, including Monte Carlo simulation
- Ability to be flexible, show initiative and innovation, and deal with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3 to 5 years with a bachelors degree or 5-7 years with Associates or Professional Certificate
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers. Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce URL blocked - click to apply
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual — our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email URL blocked - click to apply
or call 1-877-422-4372.